Question

Missing matrix items occurring in the Shopify sync

• 3 January 2024
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I am experiencing a new issue with our Acumatica/Shopify connector. Our company has created many template items in Acumatica, each having multiple matrix items. We did this so we could sync products to Shopify and create one product page, with multiple matrix items (variant options on Shopify) on that one page. However in some cases the matrix items are missing from Shopify even though the template and the matrix items are all active with inventory available. We have a schedule running on the product availability entity to run every 10 min. I get this error in the sync history screen. Hoping someone on here has had a similar experience or can point out what I may be doing wrong. 

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@mralyea , The Product availability entity is depended on the TemplateItem entity, it will use the sync details record data from TemplateItem entity, if the matrix items got updated in ERP or Shopify, you should run the TemplateItem entity to update the product first. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

@simonliang91 Yes I have seen that, all the matrix items are set up the same under the template. It seems to b the smallest size variant successfully is loaded to Shopify, then the remaining matrix items/variants do no show up on Shopify. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@mralyea Please make sure all those matrix items you are missing have “Export to External System” checked. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

@KarthikGajendran yes that is checked on all items I want to push to Shopify.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@mralyea , could you have more details? Could you provide an example for us? Choose one of failed record:

1. How many matrix items in the template item in Acumatica? 
  2. How many product variants in the Shopify after this templateItem synced to Shopify? 
  3. Which matrix items are missing?
  4. A screen shot of sync details of the TemplateItem sync record(In the Sync history screen, choose the TemplateItem sync record, and then click the “...” in the header, then click the “View Details” button)
  5. Which matrix items are included in the error message after you sync the Availability?
Userlevel 1
Badge

@simonliang91 Sure. For an item with this error, there is only some variants listed on Shopify before any sync is preformed, the number is not consistent. In Acumatica there could be any where between 1 to 10 other variants on a given template. After manually syncing the template entity for a record with this specific error (that only shows on the product availability entity) all eligible matrix items are visible on Shopify again. However the error still remains on the product availability entity, preventing available qty to sync to Shopify. In the example the 10K size was missing. See attached images. Please let me know if you have questions, I appreciate you taking the time to look into this issue!

Userlevel 1
Badge

To add on I have tried deleting sync records and running a full prep and process on the given entities and the error still came back.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @mralyea were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Chris Hackett no solution. It has been escalated to Acumatica and they said it needs a bug fix in th Shopify connector. However deleting and saving the sync record does help for an immediate solution. The error often comes back though. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved