Skip to main content
Solved

Map Ship Via to Correct Carrier in Shopify

Hi, 

How do I map Ship Via to the correct carrier in Shopify, i.e. I ship something with Estes trucking, I want Shopify to recognize the carrier. 

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Jeff96 , you have to create a substitution list for carriers and apply it to the Shipping Carriers field on the Shopify Stores > Order Settings > Substitution Lists section. Map them as you see fit.

Here’s the list of available values in Shopify.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

@Jeff96 , you have to create a substitution list for carriers and apply it to the Shipping Carriers field on the Shopify Stores > Order Settings > Substitution Lists section. Map them as you see fit.

Here’s the list of available values in Shopify.

I assumed so, but it’s not working for me.

Is this the correct setup?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Jeff96 , you don’t need that custom mapping on the Entities screen. But you need to add that substitution list here:

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

@Jeff96 , you don’t need that custom mapping on the Entities screen. But you need to add that substitution list here:

Still doesn’t work, doesn’t bring over the carrier. Here is a screenshot of the substitution list and how Shopify wants it. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Jeff96 you are right, Shopify accepts “Old Dominion” as a valid value, so in this case we should use it a “Substitution Value” and the “Original Value” is the Ship Via used in ERP.

As example:
This is not a real sale, dummy data was used.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

@Jeff96 you are right, Shopify accepts “Old Dominion” as a valid value, so in this case we should use it a “Substitution Value” and the “Original Value” is the Ship Via used in ERP.

Thank you! Should be noted that no table and field name should be selected when doing this, since it will only allow ALL CAPS which Shopify doesn’t accept. 

Do you also know how to map “other” carriers and send over a tracking link when sending them?

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Jeff96 Sorry, I’m not sure if I understood, but I can explain the whole logic to you:

By default the ShipVia is used as Tracking company, but user can override the value either by mapping (higher priority) or substitution list. However, if we don't provide a tracking company, for example using “” in Substitution list or mapping, then Shopify will infer base on the tracking number format to which company this must belong to.

1. if we provide an invalid tracking company, but the tracking pattern matches with some other company, then Shopify will infer the tracking company. In the example below it was used "CanpaR" as the tracking company and a Fedex pattern "794616650708". As result a Fedex link was generated. Also, note that the company name is ommited.

If we provide a valid tracking company and an invalid tracking format, then a link will be generated, but the name of the tracking company will be omitted in display page, this is a Shopify behavior. In the example below it was used "Canpar" as the tracking company.

2. if we provide an invalid tracking company and the tracking number doesn't matches with any valid companies, then no link will be generated. In the example below it was used
    "CanpaR" as the tracking company.

Does this answer your question?

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

@Jeff96 Sorry, I’m not sure if I understood, but I can explain the whole logic to you:

By default the ShipVia is used as Tracking company, but user can override the value either by mapping (higher priority) or substitution list. However, if we don't provide a tracking company, for example using “” in Substitution list or mapping, then Shopify will infer base on the tracking number format to which company this must belong to.

1. if we provide an invalid tracking company, but the tracking pattern matches with some other company, then Shopify will infer the tracking company. In the example below it was used "CanpaR" as the tracking company and a Fedex pattern "794616650708". As result a Fedex link was generated. Also, note that the company name is ommited.

If we provide a valid tracking company and an invalid tracking format, then a link will be generated, but the name of the tracking company will be omitted in display page, this is a Shopify behavior. In the example below it was used "Canpar" as the tracking company.

2. if we provide an invalid tracking company and the tracking number doesn't matches with any valid companies, then no link will be generated. In the example below it was used
    "CanpaR" as the tracking company.

Does this answer your question?

Shopify allows other companies not listed in the API docs, but requires to send the tracking link to those carriers. Is there a way to do it from Acumatica?

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Jeff96, Got it, thanks.
Yes, there is a way, you can map using entities screens, but I would suggest to add a custom field in shipment to save the tracking number value so you could map it to the shipment. But this might not work for shipment for multiple tracking numbers or multiple order, so some logic should be implemented here using customization.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@gabrielpaz86 - do we know if this would work with Shipstation?  With “SHIPSTATTION” as the Ship Via it seems to remove the tracking URL functionality as default functionality.

if I follow your instructions above and enter the SPCCARRIERS Screen as noted above, with Double Quotes “”:

substitution list

It still doesn’t pull the URL: 

Packages Screen in ACU

Shopify Order