Skip to main content

[23R1]-Import Matrix Items, Template Items using Import Scenario, Convert Stock/Non-Stock item to Matrix Item and vice versa and making the Matrix Item as Kit

In continuation with the below article, the current article explains how the same can be done in 23R1 and the difference between 22R2 and 23R1.

• Like in 22R2, in 23R1 there are out of box import scenarios for Template Item(Import Template Items), Matrix Item (Import Matrix Items).
  • The Edit Template ID checkbox in the Item Class form which enabled the Template Item ID field in the Stock/Non-stock form is removed. 
  • The Is a Kit checkbox is enabled in the Matrix Item which allows the Matrix Item to be created as a Product Kit. Check 

All the above is done out of the box. 

• Now to make the Template ID field editable in the Matrix item screen, the user has to publish the attached customization(“ImportMatrixItems2023R100.zip”) to this article. This customization package must be used only with 2023R1 and above. 
  • There is a customization package for users who do not have commerce module as well. Check the attachment: “ERPImportMatrixItems2023R1002.zip”
  • For 22R2, check 

• If the selected Template ID in the Matrix Item does not match with default fields with each other, then a popup warning is provided to the user.  The fields that are checked are matching are the below. 
  • Type
    Valuation Method
    Tax Category
    Base Unit
    Sales Unit
    Purchase Unit
Popup warning when default fields does not match

Customization for 2023R1 with Commerce Module: “ImportMatrixItems2023R100.zip”

Customization for 2023R1 without Commerce Module: “ERPImportMatrixItems2023R1002.zip”

31 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@CourtHagerDI  I am sorry for the delay. 

I published the same customization in 24R1 and the template ID is editable. Please see below screenshot. Could you please publish with cleanup and try again?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@CourtHagerDI The same customization works for 24R1 as well. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

HI @KarthikGajendran  Need help on this.

My customer in 24R1 and working on template Items.

1. Customer has different unit of measures between child and parents’items and now looking to map each other.

I have published the customization attached here in 24R1 but not able to get the template Item field editable in stock items.

Any suggestions.

Attached packages here

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@Manikanta Dhulipudi  I think you missed the description of the ticket. 

“Now to make the Template ID field editable in the Matrix item screen, the user has to publish the attached customization(“ImportMatrixItems2023R100.zip”) to this article. This customization package must be used only with 2023R1 and above.”

Once you publish the customization, then you can notice that the Template Item ID field is enabled. There is no more Edit Template ID field. 

One problem you might have is that when this customization was done, system was not allowing to have different Sales and Purchase UOM from Template to matrix item but this validation is removed from 24R1 but the customization is not updated for it. 

For that, there is a workaround, when the system prompts you with the below pop up, just answer as yes and then later change to the desired UOM for Sales unit and Purchase unit. 

Also, as you can see below that I have installed the ImportMatrixItems2023r100, in 24R1 version and the Template ID field is enabled. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @KarthikGajendran 

Still No luck at my end, We are getting the template item editable field but however we are unable to map the template items when stock items and parent time have different UOM,

Please provide the 24R1 package without validation.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @KarthikGajendran any help on this?