Solved

2023R2 Update to Cross Reference Mapping to Shopify

• 2 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

In the move from 23R1 to 23R2, it switched from mapping the Cross Reference Alternate Type of Barcode to Alternate Type of GTIN/EAN/UPC/ISBN. See below in the respective documentation for each version:

2023R1 documentation

2023R2 documentation

We spent the last few weeks with our VAR testing this “bug” in our 23R2 sandbox and finally figured out that it was actually changed. When we launched on Acumatica in October, we came up with the procedure to add additional barcodes from our vendors into the cross reference as GTIN/UPC/ISBN so we can reference it when we receive the product. But, Shopify only take ONE barcode. So, we’ve built all of our inventory management/labeling procedures around the fact that it would be taking the Alternate Type of Barcode. Now that that’s flipped, we’d need to throw those procedures out the window, do some massive Import Scenario updates to the ~3 cross references on our 80,000 items and retrain our organization. 

Can someone let me know WHY this change was made? I would sleep better at night knowing the change was done for good reason and maybe someone is benefiting from it while we get thrown into disarray ahead of our busy season. :) 

icon

Best answer by BorisRudi56 5 April 2024, 15:06

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @lawsont 

I’m sorry to hear that you were so negatively impacted by the change.  With regards to WHY, I think you would probably need to get feedback from Acumatica product team on the reasoning.  Hopefully, they will see this discussion post and provide that response.

Best,

David

Userlevel 3

Hello @lawsont ,

We added EAN/GTIN/UPC/ISBN field to make possible that information documentation separately from barcodes, previously there was only Barcode alternate type to keep all this data. Now data export logic prioritizes EAN/GTIN/UPC/ISBN more than Barcode if user sets Sales UOM for it.

To keep exporting of Barcode alternate ID you may set Sales UOM for these fields and use different or empty UOM for EAN/GTIN/UPC/ISBN on the item`s Cross Reference tab.

Hope this helps.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@BorisRudi56 Okay, I appreciate the info. And, I like your suggestion of just adding the Sales UOM for the Barcodes. That way, our team can continue doing what they were already trained to do without any negative effect. Thanks

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved