Solved

Files column not showing up in GI when grouping results

• 30 October 2021
  • 1 reply

We have a GI for contracts that just links the SO and SOLine tables. Earlier this week we were able to see file attachments alongside each line item, but now it has totally disappeared. I have found that when I disable grouping the attachments show again. It only started doing this today and I have no idea what is causing it. 

icon

Best answer by lauraj46 5 November 2021, 20:50

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @eney,

Be sure to specify which of the data access classes to use for attachments.  For example if your GI includes SOOrder and SOOrderLine, you can specify if the attachments should be on the header or the detail record. 

If the Attach Notes To field is set to Not Applicable then the file attachment selector will not be available.  The Attach Notes dropdown option is new to 2021 R1.  

That being said, I don’t think that attachments will work on a GI that also has grouping.  The documents are attached based on the NoteID field for a specific record, and with grouping the row is not a unique record.

Hope that helps!

Laura 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved