Solved

Correct syntax for the "Is In" condition in GI

• 14 October 2021
  • 3 replies

I cannot seem to work out the correct syntax for using “Is In” in a GI condition. For example [ColumnX] is IN (‘ValueA’, ‘ValueB’, ‘ValueC’).

For ‘Value 1’ in the GI condition tab I have tried:

• (‘ValueA’, ‘ValueB’, ‘ValueC’)
  • ‘ValueA’, ‘ValueB’, ‘ValueC’
  • “ValueA”, “ValueB”, “ValueC”
  • ValueA, ValueB, ValueC

I have even tried creating a COMBOBOX parameter and assigning that as the Value.

Nothing works, the resultant SQL in the Trace is not want I am expecting and there is nothing returned.

Any know what to do?

icon

Best answer by stephenbologna39 14 October 2021, 15:28

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @MarkOM  If possible, can you please share the GI, which you created?

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @MarkOM 

I’ve also tried using ‘Is In’ like that on a few occasions, but have never gotten it to work either.  The only documentation I’ve ever found on it comes from the Generic Inquiry’s built-in help page.  This following comes from the help page under Conditions -> Value 1:

From what I can tell, it works with workgroups.  I don’t know if it works for other scenarios.

Generally whenever I need to match a field against more than one possible values, I have just used multiple condition lines connected with ‘Or’.

For example:

Thanks @stephenbologna39 , I have been using the OR conditions in my GIs to get around this. However had hoped there was a better way, there are many use cases for the ‘Is In’ condition, I would hope that one day Acumatica can inform us of the correct way to use it.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved