Question

Condition in Parameters

• 16 March 2023
  • 2 replies

When working with the inventory items GI with conditions set to only show items within a specific item class, is it possible to control the search screen that appears in the parameter field to show only relevant items within a specific item class?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I have had this request many times before.  While I do not have a plug-in-play solution I did attempt to self join the Inventory Item table to restrict the class, then use the restricted class table in a parameter.  It did not work.  With that being said, it looks like this might be a case where you would need a SQL view or DAC with the limited selection list. 

Interested to see if anyone has a solution to this!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Pinny short answer is No without customization. 
you have two options of DAC Inventory Item customization:

using MergeAttributed you can either write a custom PXSelector or add a PXRestriction either via DAC Ext or CacheAttached event of graph ext

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved