Question

Condition in Parameters

• 16 March 2023
  • 2 replies

When working with the inventory items GI with conditions set to only show items within a specific item class, is it possible to control the search screen that appears in the parameter field to show only relevant items within a specific item class?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Pinny short answer is No without customization. 
you have two options of DAC Inventory Item customization:

using MergeAttributed you can either write a custom PXSelector or add a PXRestriction either via DAC Ext or CacheAttached event of graph ext

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I have had this request many times before.  While I do not have a plug-in-play solution I did attempt to self join the Inventory Item table to restrict the class, then use the restricted class table in a parameter.  It did not work.  With that being said, it looks like this might be a case where you would need a SQL view or DAC with the limited selection list. 

Interested to see if anyone has a solution to this!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved