Skip to main content
Solved

@Me function in Report Designer

• 14 December 2021
  • 10 replies

Does anyone know if there is an equivalent function in the report designer to the @Me function in generic inquiries?  I need to restrict salespeople/ users so they only see their sales information.  

thanks !

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi @alicia23  You can use @me in generic inquiry as well and it works. Here is the screenshot for your reference.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi Naveen , 

Thanks for the response.  I am able to use the @Me in the generic inquiry.  My problem is that i need to use the same function in report design but it doesn’t work in the report designer. So , i am looking for something that will work the same.  So i can restrict the current user.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@alicia23  I have not tried this but as an alternate, have you tried with the OwnerID in reports?

hope this helps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @alicia23 

You can use ‘AccessInfo’ DAC ( the values in this table are dynamically generated, no permanent data exists in this DAC/table ), and an expression : =Report.GetDefUI('RowAccessInfo.UserName')  to fetch the logged on user name (login name). 

I have added this column on an AR Invoice report to test and here are relevant screenshots :

Added the DAC on schema builder

Added the UserName field 

Hope this helps. 

Regards,

Userlevel 3
Badge

thanks vkumar,

That is what i am looking for, but when i put it in my report i get an error Invalid object name 'AccessInfo'.   i tried joining using the below two options 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Never mind …… i see that i don’t join it !

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @alicia23 

You are right. No need to join, it can be just added to list of selected DACs.

Regards,

I have a similar problem, I need to get the code of the logged employee.

How can I do it?

Team,
I have a requirement for the report, where I need to obtain the code of the logged user and print it.

Could you please assist with this

Regards