Solved

Payroll - Importing of Hours From External Systems

• 21 April 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello all,

I am new to Acumatica. What is the recommended approach for bulk importing of data from external timekeeping systems into the Payroll module?

Specifically, my company is a franchisee of QSRs and the majority of our timekeeping is performed at the restaurant level through our POS system. We can currently get the data exported from our system either as a CSV or JSON formats. My question is, what is the recommended approach for importing such data into Acumatica’s payroll module for processing? We do not plan on using the Timekeeping features of Acumatica at our restaurants and entering the data manually is entirely impractical given the number of employees, so neither of these options will work. The system does not seem to expose a Web Service endpoint that could be used, nor did I see an “Import Scenario” that would be appropriate for bulk import.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Denise Johnson 30 April 2021, 23:50

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi Kelly,

I would use an import scenario. I have an example import scenario that works well for four different customers of ours.

Thanks,

Bob

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi Kelly, 

We have Import Scenarios available within the system.   If you start with Import PR Paycheck Headers, you can click on the Files and review the .xlsx spreadsheet.  The Readme tab contains step by step instructions on how to use the files and the correct import flow.  

You can use these import scenarios or now in 2021 R1, you can import directly into Payroll Batches.  

Let me know if you have any questions, 

Denise

Userlevel 1

Hi Denise,

Are there any great “How to” Videos or Support Documents on how to create our own Payroll Import Scenario’s written for novice users? Also, are there any updates on when Acumatica may provide an “integrated timeclock” for Acumatica Payroll?

Thank you,

Badge

For anyone who is tired of having to bulk import timekeeping data into Acumatica Payroll, you could consider a tool like BizRun. It offers timekeeping that’s already integrated and automatically syncs for you. (https://www.bizrun.com/acumatica-integration/). It’s integrated with Acumatica ERP & Payroll, offers mobile timekeeping, has a time clock mode (clock in / clock out) and a timesheet mode. It also handles paid time off. BizRun is pretty new, and we’re working on getting listed in the Acumatica Marketplace. I’m happy to answer any questions you might have about it.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved