Solved

Import PR Paycheck Earnings - For Salaried Employees - Amount not importing

Trying to Import paychecks for a salaried , when using the “Import PR Paycheck Earnings” Import scenario we are trying to set the Amount to $3786.96. However the amount field is not being imported. The Hours field imports no problem. The amount field is being set automatically to the Employees current biweekly salary amount $3020.35. Is there anyway to force the amount to be $3786.96 so as to match the legacy system? 

icon

Best answer by RobMorris 6 October 2022, 08:28

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi Rob,  

I think the issues is the “Manual Rate” check box needs to be used if the salary rate for this entry is different the the employee’s normal rate. 

The example below is from an Adjustment import for a cut over mid-year and hourly not salary.  I point this out because there can be rounding issues if you are trying to tie out with a payroll processed in another system.

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the reply I had tried setting the “Manual Rate” to True.  It was not in the import scenario I had to add it. The flag gets set when Importing however the Rate is not being populated. I have tried modifying the rate manually after the record has been imported but it seems that If the Employee Compensation “Unit of Pay” is set to “Year” I am unable to change the Rate on the record.

Two question. Would you be able to post your “Import PR Paycheck Earnings.xml” here? Which build of Acumatica are you using? 

Thanks mikedavidson07

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi Rob,

Are you trying to import payroll history or new entries in which to pay?  If this is historical data to build annual payroll records so you can process year end (W2/W3), Acumatica has prebuilt import scenarios to handle this.  These imports are based on the data provider “PayChecks_2020R2.xlsx.

One thing that is very helpful is to try and hand key one of the entries you are attempting to import.  Acumatica imports follow the same logic and screen rules as if you are keying.  For salary employees, the salary is set on the employee records which sets an hourly rate.  Year being “Unit of Pay”.

When importing this on the earnings detail line, the rate would be set from the employee record. Hours can not be touched unless you check manual rate.  Normally you would just enter the hours and the amount is calculated.  If the goal is a specific amount the easy way would be: Manual Rate box = true, Hours = 1, Rate = 3786.96.  Notice on the entry line when keying you can not touch the Amount field.  The only options wound be to adjust Hours/Rate.  Using Hours X Rate usually results in rounding issues if the goal is a set amount.    

Hi Mike,

I should have mentioned I am on build 21.210.0030 and trying to bring in YTD data for payroll go-live.

I have tried keying the entry in the Paycheck manually and for Salary employees I am not able to modify the “Rate” field. I have tried click clicking the “Manual Rate” box but nothing happens when I click it as if it were disabled.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Rob,

For the build 21.210.0030 they have changed the screens quite a bit and over riding the rate is no longer available.  I suspect those import scenarios are no longer valid either.  This might be a good time to open up a support ticket and see if they have updated imports for this new version and guidance on bringing in YTD data.  2021 R1 still have the older screens.  

Correction to my earlier comment of: “Hours can not be touched unless you check manual rate”.  It should be: Rate can not be touched unless you check manual rate.  This works with 2021 R1 or earlier builds. 

The workaround we went with is temporarily setting the Employees compensation to 26X their regular yearly compensation, this populates the correct biweekly pay in the Paycheck Earnings.

Userlevel 2
Badge

This is a huge annoyance. I have been struggling to import YTD earnings for a client getting ready to go live and the amount of manual work we’re having to do is absolutely insane. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

super frustrating….

Userlevel 3
Badge

FYI @mschmidt07@RobMorris@mikedavidson07 

It appears there is a bug in some versions of Acumatica that improperly lockout the Rate field for earnings entries with Earning Type=Wage, and Employee=Salaried.  (Doesn’t seem to cause issues for bonus or regularly hourly or OT earning types).

Strangely, I figured out that this can be worked around by setting your POSTING PERIOD first, then setting your PAY PERIOD.

This works for me on a manual Adjustment, as well as on the Import PR Paycheck Earnings import scenario by changing the import order to have POSTING PERIOD come first.

So with Hours=1, and Rate = YTD earnings, it will import & compute correctly.

It also *appears* that if you import PTO (and potentially other types) first, you can make it work without adjusting the import scenario.  YMMV.

Good luck!

-Matt

Userlevel 3
Badge

I wanted to manually key the historical payroll in, but I created an earning type that is amount based, so I can enter the gross. The problem is when I calculate it is putting the person in a whole new tax bracket. Is there a way to do this without affecting the tax calculation? I was bringing in 2023 1st quarter payroll in. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved