Question

Employee Payment Settings - Can

• 15 March 2024
  • 6 replies

On the Employees screen EP203000 Financial Settings tab, are these settings in any way related to the Payroll or simply for reimbursing the employee for (say) expenses they incurred on behalf of company X, or something else outside the payroll.  Screenshot attached.

At the moment when we reimburse employees for expenses they have incurred on our behalf, the payments are coming out of the Company Y bank account (all staff are employed by Company Y) and I believe these fields are driving that. I want to change the Cash Account (and Payment Method if possible) to something related to Company X without impacting the actual Payroll (wages & salaries should still be paid from the Company Y account).

The help screen (screenshot also attached) refers to "compensation payments" which I infer to be unrelated to wages & salaries from the Payroll.  However it might be related - I cannot find a definition of "compensation payments" in the help system.

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

hello,

The financial on that screen is not used for payroll at all. As a matter of fact, if you are using non stock items for expense reimbursements, the gl accts and subaccounts on that screen are never used. the only think used on this screen is the Fedwire or ACH information you enter for an employee and only used to reimburse employee expenses. The ACH or fedwire setting for payroll are done under payroll

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

After reading the second part of your post I can tell you for sure that when you do employee reimbursements the payment method and cash account used come from this screen

Thank you very much Bennett. 

After reading the second part of your post I can tell you for sure that when you do employee reimbursements the payment method and cash account used come from this screen

Since we have a lot of employees, is there a screen we can use to update compensation payment method and cash account without having to go into each employee individually to change it?

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I am sure you can do that via import scenario

Hi Bennett,

Please note that we have multiple branches. Having said that, I noticed using the a different a payment method and cash account not linked to the branch we intend to use gave us the following error “ Cash Account not active”. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved