Question

Update Average Cost for Stock Items

• 5 April 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I am trying to update the average cost for stock items that were migrated into Acumatica without an average cost.  To do this, I did a quantity adjustment with Ext Cost what I want the average cost to be and the quantity zero.  I am getting the following error.

I tried doing this again with a quantity of 1 which worked, but then when I did the adjustment for a quantity of -1 to make our actualy on hand inventory accurate the average cost went back to zero.

How do I update the average cost for a stock item without changing the quantity on hand?

4 replies

Badge +18

Hello, 

I don’t see an error above. Can you type in the text of your error or paste a screen shot?

I think the items must be adjusted out at their current cost of $0 and then received in with their correct average cost (with inventory migration mode on - Update GL not checked in IN Preferences).

Laura

Userlevel 2
Badge

Here is a screenshot.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi 

The corrective action would be to change the Cost on the document to some amount equal to (or below) the overall Inventory cost.

Please check the cost in the Inventory valuation report of the particular item.

I found this is a Known issue AC-245370 caused by negative quantity in Return order types.

Please create a case with your VAR/ Acumatica

Userlevel 2
Badge

The cost is zero.  The problem is I cannot add a receipt with only a cost and not a quantity.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved