Solved

MRP Not Recognizing Materials Demanded by Child Order

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

We have a product order that calls for Material Subassembly A.  Subassembly A calls for Component Part B.  We created the product order and also created linked child order for Subassembly A.  MRP has a demand line for Component Part B coming from Subassembly A AND from the product order (MRP must have created this demand item by blowing through the BOM).  MRP is not recognizing that Component Part B is already demanded on the child order, so now we’re doubling up demand for Component Part B.

icon

Best answer by danielklumpp 2 March 2023, 16:19

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge

Thank you for sharing your solution with the community @danielklumpp !

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I think I got it figured out.  I had grace period set to zero, and so Acumatica was thinking the product order needed its own planned order to supply Component B for Subassembly A for the product order.  I set grace period to 30 and it took care of the problem.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved