How to make a configured item not configured

• 1 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

An item is configurable if it has a configuration ID in the Item Warehouse Details form.

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello @dgodsill97 !

If I’m understanding your question properly, you want to know how to remove the configuration ID from a certain inventory item?

If you look at my example below, is it possible to adjust the Bill of Material section for that specific inventory item to see if the configuration can be removed entirely?

To my knowledge, the Configuration ID is tied to the Configuration Maintenance page which requires a BOM ID and BOM Revision before it can be saved. I’d take a look into those pages as well.

If you could expand on your question so we can potentially identify the solution your team is going for, that would be greatly appreciated! Thanks,

Userlevel 4
Badge

@dgodsill97 @VladS is correct. Simply removing the configuration id from the item warehouse details form and also from Manufacturing tab will make the item non-configurable. 
You can also change the status of Configuration to “Inactive” on Configuration Maintenance form (AM207500), if stock item is no longer configurable. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

It was not a question. I client asked me how to do that because it was not in the help.  The help I wrote back in 2020.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved