Question

Data Capture from third party software during production run

• 25 September 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hey all!

Hope someone has implemented a similar solution to a problem I am struggling with. 

We are still in the implementation phase of Acumatica at this facility, and at this time my ‘decision makers’ are insisting we use kits rather than a production run due to the way our BOMS are set up.  

Parallel to this upgrade, we are implementing a new scale system in one phase of our manufacturing facility. We need to capture 4 fields, the tare weight, the net weight, the gross weight, and the sequential “box number” of that run.  This is a proof of concept for creating end to end transparency and visibility for QC in our tobacco products as they are assembled between 3 companies on 2 tenants.

We’ve discussed adding attributes to the kit assembly and using lot/serial numbers but realized that in both the production and kit assembly these are not created until either the assembly of the kit, or the completion of the production run.  Nor are these attributes presented within the webservice endpoints after we created them for either production or kit assembly.  

What is the best practice to create a one-to-one record of the fields being recorded from a third-party software during production? 

The software that the scale system will be using is Ignition with a SQL Server and will be the using Business Connector module from Sepasoft to pass the data through the API.  

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Production Orders support the ability to create a Lot / Serial for the finished good prior to releasing the production order… not sure if that information helps - but thought I would mention it.

“We’ve discussed adding attributes to the kit assembly and using lot/serial numbers but realized that in both the production and kit assembly these are not created until either the assembly of the kit, or the completion of the production run. “

Userlevel 4
Badge

As @angierowley75  stated you can assign a lot/serial in the 23R1 and later versions of Acumatica.

If you are posting back to the Acumatica API you could add a simple custom field on the order (I would put it under the references tab myself) and extend that field in the API. I do something similar with our “Work To List” and Sales/Production Orders. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved