Solved

ISV timeline to support latest Acumatica revision

• 12 December 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Is there a timeline that an ISV is required to supported the latest revision of Acumatica?

I’m wanting to upgrade to Acumatica 2023 R2 but I have a key ISV that has only released support for 2023 R1. Two months seems like more than ample time to release R2 support.

Thanks,
Justin

icon

Best answer by FoyMainor 12 December 2023, 23:26

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @jcox43 

It is going to vary by ISV. I know many developers who do not like to write customizations on the first few builds of a new version because things are sometimes still being worked out. However, most ISV’s do try to stay on top of the newest releases. 

Have you asked when they anticipate the update?

Userlevel 2

Justin,

ISVs that are an Acumatica Developer Network (ADN) partner at Level 2 are required to remain Always Current.  This means that they need to be certified within 90 days of General Availability.  For example, 2023 R2 was GA on October 5th so an ISV should have been compatible by December 5th.

Feel free to reach out to me directly at my email address below.

Foy Mainor

ISV Business Development Manager

foy.mainor@acumatica.com 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Justin,

ISVs that are an Acumatica Developer Network (ADN) partner at Level 2 are required to remain Always Current.  This means that they need to be certified within 90 days of General Availability.  For example, 2023 R2 was GA on October 5th so an ISV should have been compatible by December 5th.

Feel free to reach out to me directly at my email address below.

Foy Mainor

ISV Business Development Manager

foy.mainor@acumatica.com 

HI @FoyMainor 

This is good info! Thank you! I think many people do not know this. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I just wanted to clear up the message about ISV’s waiting a few versions to update..
ISV’s are encouraged to update their solutions as soon as possible, targeting the 093 beta version that has 95% of changes included, and make final minor corrections if needed for swift official 23r100 release.

After the final beta release eg. 24r093 no further significant changes will be made.

Anything after the first official release eg 24r100 nothing will change other than standard minor improvements that wont effect compatibility.

Userlevel 3
Badge

HI @jcox43 

It is going to vary by ISV. I know many developers who do not like to write customizations on the first few builds of a new version because things are sometimes still being worked out. However, most ISV’s do try to stay on top of the newest releases. 

Kandy,

Thanks for your response.

Yes, I have asked when they plan to release a supported build, which apparently is close to the end of this year. So thankfully we shouldn’t have to wait too much longer, but it does delay our upgrade.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @jcox43 

Kandy,

Thanks for your response.

Yes, I have asked when they plan to release a supported build, which apparently is close to the end of this year. So thankfully we shouldn’t have to wait too much longer, but it does delay our upgrade.

Thanks

That’s great to hear @jcox43 !

I should have cleared it when I said a developer at a VAR is different than a developer at an ISV. Apologies for the confusion. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved