Is there any integration between Acumatica & HeavyJob and/or HeavyBid?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hello All,

Is there any integration between Acumatica & HeavyJob and/or HeavyBid? Or has anyone done something about it?

I had a look at HCSS website and apparently they integrate with all ERPs but Acumatica.

10 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

@aaghaei Hey 

hope you are doing well,

Yes, there is integration available between Acumatica and HeavyJob/HeavyBid using REST APIs in Celigo IPaas.  you can utilize these APIs to establish communication and exchange data between Acumatica and HeavyJob/HeavyBid.

Thanks

Userlevel 2
Badge

This could also be accomplished through https://www.beehexa.com/hexasync/integrations/acumatica which is currently only integrated to Acumatica for ecommerce workflows, but could be adapted. I know they are currently working on becoming certified as well. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Thank you @variuxdavid and @Driss 

I am looking for something ready to go that I can see a real demo on it and see the extent of integration it offers.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@aaghaei I see, as for Acumatica it already exists as a connector in Celigo but for HeavyJob/HeavyBid it the only thing that need to be built 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Thank you @Driss 

When one side of integration doesn’t exist it like doesn’t exist at all in that context. Appreciated the input.

Userlevel 2

Has anyone made any further progress regarding an Acumatica connector for HCSS?

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi @robk20 and others,

The majority of Acumatica customers integrate with HCSS HeavyJob.  When using HeavyBid, they are simply using an export from HCSS and import scenario/workflow in Acumatica to bring over the bid details.

There are a few components in HCSS as it relates to accounting integrations.  While Acumatica may not be on the HCSS Website (the page hasn’t been regularly updated), we are included within their software.

The first, Data Integration Studio, https://www.hcss.com/accounting/dis/, deals with master file information.  This enables the HeavyJob users to enter information that has an associated data point in Acumatica.  HCSS has included Acumatica in their dropdown selection for clients, and this sends employees, equipment, cost, and jobs from Acumatica to HCSS.

The second, TrueUp, https://www.hcss.com/accounting/trueup/, compares HeavyJob and accounting to determine what may be needed to updated between the two systems from a detail level.  I do not believe HCSS has created a “trueup” process for Acumatica.

The current method to get usage is manual export/import.  Some clients have worked with their partner/HCSS on an API integration too.

Regarding a workflow, here is how some existing HCSS/Acumatica clients do things;

• Use an Acumatica Import Scenario to bring in employee time cards from HeavyJob (export to CSV from HCSS)
    • HCSS has two exports, one for payroll and one for equipment time.  I believe it’s called ‘Export to Payroll’ in HeavyJob.
  • Export of equipment usage from HCSS, imported into an Acumatica Payables Invoice (using inventory ID so a unit cost pulls through)
  • HCSS used for field hours and budget to actual in labor hours and material
  • HCSS material receipt import to Acumatica PO
  • Inventory adjustment as received materials per HCSS production budget

The HCSS Integration within HeavyJob does not require customization, just implementation/services time, as the DIS creates an export file that can be imported into Acumatica.  There would be import scenarios created in Acumatica for the information flow.

To give a quick recap, clients may have HCSS HeavyBid, HeavyJob & Dispatcher.  When a project is awarded, they manually move the estimate from HCSS HeavyBid to Acumatica Project (using import scenario).  Acumatica Jobs are sent to HCSS HeavyJob via the HCSS DIS (Data Interchange Studio).  Some clients will also send HCSS HeavyJob Time Entries into Acumatica time activities (import scenario or upload).

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Thanks for the insight @joelhoffman Can you please provide some info on mapping the master records between HJ and ACU on Project, Project Task, Cost Code, Inventory Item and Account Group. What are their equivalents in HJ and can you confirm DIS is synchoronizing these master records? How about the resources (employees and equipment) are they synced as well?

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi @aaghaei ,

I’ve attached an overview of the fields within HCSS / DIS.  This may help with determining the field mapping.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@joelhoffman thank you

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved