Solved

Import GL Transactions

• 20 February 2023
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi,

I am trying to import GL transactions using the import scenario. No matter what I try I keep getting a me3ssage that the batch is out of balance. Here is a screen shot of my data. Any idea where I am going wrong? TIA

icon

Best answer by marina25 20 February 2023, 20:24

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hello @shmaryarichler,

Have you tried using the sample scenario from demo “ACU Import GL Transactions” as reference?

You can find the import scenario attached to this comment.
If you still run into any issues please share your scenario mapping and if possible the exported scenario to XML.

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks for the quick response.

How do I import the XML file into my environment. Also, how do I export my scenario as an XML file?

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi @shmaryarichler 

You can Import and Export the scenarios using the clipboard options under Import Scenarios screen:

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

The import scenarios are great, but Journal Transaction has an upload function. Based on my experience, it is a lot easier to import in the Journal Transaction.

Error up for upload function. Just make sure if any control accounts are used, then need to mark them “Allow Manual Entry” . The attached is a template from Acumatica, make sure it is the same as you trying to upload the data. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Attached is a copy of my scenario. 

I can use the import function on the Journal Entry form but that only allows for one JE per financial period. I would like to upload 6 periods in one import. Using the JE import would mean doing the import 6 times. I know it’s not a big deal but I have 8 bank accounts so that would mean uploading 48 separate files. If I can’t get the scenario working then I’ll do it that way but I’m looking for a quicker method.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi,

I created a new scenario using your xml file and successfully imported 2 journal entries. Thanks.

This is an Easy Fix for the Import out of balance.  Make sure that you do not have Blanks in any of the debit or credit fields...just put in Zeros.

for example in Line 1   put 100.00  (debit column)   0.00 in credit column.

Userlevel 2
Badge

I did have blanks and it worked properly:

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@shmaryarichler , I just want to confirm, that you were able to properly import, correct?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Yes, I was able to import properly. Here is a screen shot showing one of the JE’s. It created to because I had one entry for February and one for March.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved