Question

Adding ACH Addenda, getting the {=TotalCount:-8:0} to increment.

• 24 March 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

We have setup the ACH payments. They work great. 

I found this helpful guide on adding Addenda information to the ACH Data Provider / Export. 

When I export the file, my bank flags errors regarding the count of entries and addendums. 

I have attached a copy of the modified ACH Schema from the data provider - “Example_ACH_Schema.txt”. See picture below.

In the File Control Record (or File Trailer Record) section of the ACH file you can see 3 parameters - “Count”, “BlockCount”, and “TotalCount”. The first two parameters are coming across correctly. The third parameter is not counting the added Addendum as a section. 

Has anyone else had a similar problem when adding an Addenda?

The modified ACH Schema with Entry / Addenda count highlighted
Example # 1 Bank requirements for {=TotalCount:-8:0}
Example # 2 Bank requirements for {=TotalCount:-8:0}

4 replies

Userlevel 1

I’ve attached two pictures. 
ACH Example.png → this is an example ACH file I created. Notice the bottom row - the File Control Record. The first four fields are indicated with the black lines. Field 4 is the field I am struggling with. {=TotalCount:-8:0}. It seems to be counting the individual entries. {=TotalCount:-8:0} needs to increment for individual entries AND individual addenda. 

Requirements.PNG → this is the requirements for the first four fields in File Control Record sections.

I have tried various fixes in the Data Provider schema. For example, I changed the Addenda line in the schema to start with “04#” thinking the individual lines would increment {=TotalCount}. 

Is there any way to open the Logic of the provider to understand how it calculates {=TotalCount} ? 

I noticed in the default ACH export from Acumatica there are various function calls from the Provider object. For example: 

• Provider.FormatBankRN( X, # ) 
  • Provider.FormatDate( date ) 
  • Provider.GetBatchNbr()
  • Provider.FormatAmount10( X )
  • Provider.FormatAmount12( X ) 
  • Provider.Coalesce( X, Y, # ) 
  • Provider.AddToHash( X, Y ) 
  • Provider.GetNextEntryNbr( X ) 
  • Provider.CacheValue(X, Y ) 

Is there any way to see the logic behind these functions? Is there any way to see how many functions one can call from the Integration Scenario’s? 

I found it very enlightening to open PX.Data and PX.Objects while doing some customization work a few months back. 

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @paulgilfoy13 were you able to resolve your issue? Thank you!

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @paulgilfoy13 were you able to figure this out? I’m coming across the same issue.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi,

were you able to get the total line count?

Thanks

Desh

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved