Solved

Why does quantity not show in the GL transaction when I create an allocation for a fixed asset?

• 16 October 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi everyone,

Below is my process

Step 1: I have a bill to buy sth with qty 3, then I convert a purchase to a fixed asset and also calculate depre 

Step 2: I allocate this asset to small divisions by subaccount

Step 3: I process that allocation, but in the GL transaction, the column quantity shows zero

I wonder why it does not show the quantity here. Please advise me if I need to correct the process.
Thanks in advanced

icon

Best answer by Laura02 16 October 2023, 12:31

View original

2 replies

Badge +18

Hello @hthuy24 ,

What number are you expecting to appear in these depreciation allocation transactions?  Are you expecting the Allocation to look into the FA module to determine the number of assets being represented by one asset id? I don’t think showing quantity in FA depreciation allocations is possible with current versions of Acumatica, without customizations.

1. I don’t see in Allocations Profile where we can connect Fixed Asset ID’s.
  1. Allocations process creates new batches using the balance amount in the Source Accounts, ignoring quantities on original transactions and ignoring “Quantity Balance” in the account. (I don’t think Acumatica sums/stores quantity balance of transactions in the GL.)  In my Sales Demo, there is no quantity recorded in any Depreciation transactions (not even 1 to represent a single fixed asset being depreciated), and the asset ID is recorded within the transaction description:

I think, even if Depreciation Expense is identified in your Chart of Accounts as a control account for Fixed Assets Module, Acumatica won’t use the quantity of particular fixed assets when depreciating or later when separately, the GL impact of Depreciation is later allocated to different subaccounts.

Please add your Ideas to the Ideas section of this Community, to add option of using quantity from original transactions when transactions are allocated and to use Asset Qty in the GL batches resulting from depreciation.

Thank you.

Laura

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello @hthuy24 ,

What number are you expecting to appear in these depreciation allocation transactions?  Are you expecting the Allocation to look into the FA module to determine the number of assets being represented by one asset id? I don’t think showing quantity in FA depreciation allocations is possible with current versions of Acumatica, without customizations.

1. I don’t see in Allocations Profile where we can connect Fixed Asset ID’s.
  1. Allocations process creates new batches using the balance amount in the Source Accounts, ignoring quantities on original transactions and ignoring “Quantity Balance” in the account. (I don’t think Acumatica sums/stores quantity balance of transactions in the GL.)  In my Sales Demo, there is no quantity recorded in any Depreciation transactions (not even 1 to represent a single fixed asset being depreciated), and the asset ID is recorded within the transaction description:

I think, even if Depreciation Expense is identified in your Chart of Accounts as a control account for Fixed Assets Module, Acumatica won’t use the quantity of particular fixed assets when depreciating or later when separately, the GL impact of Depreciation is later allocated to different subaccounts.

Please add your Ideas to the Ideas section of this Community, to add option of using quantity from original transactions when transactions are allocated and to use Asset Qty in the GL batches resulting from depreciation.

Thank you.

Laura

Thanks a lot, really appreciate your assistance @Laura02 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved