Solved

Weird results in Sales Tax Reporting

• 9 November 2022
  • 7 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

I’m setting up Sales Tax Reporting and I’m getting weird results in the Calculations… possibly human error. Grand Total Lines seem to be adding themselves to other totals, sometimes twice.

In this case, it’s not possible for me to use line 13 (a total, not a group) in another total in the Grouping screen. How did it get included in Calculation Rule? What am I doing wrong? Version 2022 R1.

Here are my Reporting Groups. I expect group 8 to be in 4 calculations (total lines 12, 13, 14, 15) and 13, 14 to not be used in Calculation Rule column:

Thank you in advance for your advice!

icon

Best answer by Laura02 15 November 2022, 20:50

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @laura01 

Are you using a 3rd party tax like Avalara or Vertex?

Badge +18

No, just the standard screens shown above.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @laura01 

According to what I have read, the system calculates this. Is there a possibility it was added twice?

It’s also odd that it is not showing up on your reporting group. I tested in my local and it added it right away. 

https://help-2022r2.acumatica.com/(W(13))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=2f9c4165-cf38-466e-a2de-8dca2946bdd0

I’m sure you have, but have you looked at the Help for this?

https://help-2022r2.acumatica.com/(W(13))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=ea46ee38-88f5-4353-a73b-53846a26c40e

Badge +18

Thanks for your help, @kbeatty21 .

There’s no way I added lines 13 and 14 in -- the second screen shot displays the list of first 8 lines I must choose from when creating the totals. I am not able to choose 13 and 14.

I’d like to post an Idea for improving Sales Tax Reports, but I don’t have a suggestion yet.  The order of implementation is to configure Tax Report Groups first, so when we add Taxes we can connect them to a Report Group.

After importing taxes, categories, zones, we test and on this last Testing step we find out report groups need improvement…. it’s too difficult to change the tax groups - even if tax report wasn’t released. Am I missing something?  If so I hope someone will point out my error. The system lets me change the reports but I see the weird results above.

I  know there is also a Revision system we can use when reports have been prepared & released that I’ll try next.  If I can’t get around the problem then I’ll copy the Tax Agency Vendor, assign all taxes to the new vendor and create a brand new report and try to get it Absolutely Perfect on the first go because…. correcting reports is not working for me. 

I’ll post back later if I find a different answer.

Thanks again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Thanks for your help, @kbeatty21 .

There’s no way I added lines 13 and 14 in -- the second screen shot displays the list of first 8 lines I must choose from when creating the totals. I am not able to choose 13 and 14.

I’d like to post an Idea for improving Sales Tax Reports, but I don’t have a suggestion yet.  The order of implementation is to configure Tax Report Groups first, so when we add Taxes we can connect them to a Report Group.

After importing taxes, categories, zones, we test and on this last Testing step we find out report groups need improvement…. it’s too difficult to change the tax groups - even if tax report wasn’t released. Am I missing something?  If so I hope someone will point out my error. The system lets me change the reports but I see the weird results above.

I  know there is also a Revision system we can use when reports have been prepared & released that I’ll try next.  If I can’t get around the problem then I’ll copy the Tax Agency Vendor, assign all taxes to the new vendor and create a brand new report and try to get it Absolutely Perfect on the first go because…. correcting reports is not working for me. 

I’ll post back later if I find a different answer.

Thanks again.

My only next idea would be to ask Acumatica support. It’s odd that 13 is there twice and you cant seem to add it. 

Badge +18

Here are the steps I completed to solve my weird sales tax reporting problem. 

1. Deleted all lines out of Sales Tax Reporting Groups screen for the Tax Agency.
  1. In Sales Tax Reporting Settings, I created a new report version (this action creates a copy of the previous report version).
  1. I deleted all data from both tabs of the new report version in Reporting Settings screen, Saved the blank report version, and then retyped the Sales Tax Reporting lines and Sales Tax Reporting Groups “from scratch.”

On the second try, the Calculation fields look normal.  I guess the problem was caused by revising version 1 of the report several times, causing ‘hidden’ records or report lines (orphans/database residue) that no longer existed in a usable condition to mingle with newer versions of the report.  Hope this helps someone.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @laura01 - thank you for sharing your solution with the community!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved