Stock item - Cost Stastic

• 9 January 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge
  • Jr Varsity II
  • 103 replies

HI Sir

Would like to check with you all about the cost statistics unde stock  item.

My question :  is system auto generate the cost or we need to manual key in cost for the cost under Cost statistics ?

7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

You can manually enter the last cost but the rest are system calculated.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi Nelson

Thanks for your reply.

I noticed that my system some stock item is dont have average , min and max cost . does it mean we didnt update the last cost so that system wont auto calculate?

Userlevel 3
Badge

What is your valuation for your products?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi Nelson

Valuation method for inventory is FIFO

Userlevel 3
Badge

if some items does not have the cost that mean it the cost was not entered in during receipt.

You can fix it by going to Inventory adjustment and enter the cost only to that stock.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @erin

The Cost statistics section column values are read-only and are generated automatically based on other column values and transactions. Standard Cost section values can be updated manually. Here is the screenshot and relevant documentation link:

https://help-2020r2.acumatica.com/(W(4))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=77786a70-1f1e-4d63-ad98-96f98e4fcb0e

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @erin ,

For the first time during the Inventory Receipt/Adjustment, we need to provide the “Unit Cost” value, then for each transactions system will take care of updating the Cost fields as suggested above by Vijay.

In this scenario, I’m assuming that you have NOT provided Unit Cost value during the inventory Receipt/Adjustment

Hope this helps!!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved