Solved

SO Pricing and Discount Fields

• 16 December 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

I thought I would throw this out to see if anyone operates similarly and has a solution. 

A brief overview on our Pricing Model:

We have a “National Price” list for all customers. However, generally speaking each customer has unique pricing based on T&Cs. So for example, we may pitch product A to a customer at the National Price of $100. However, the customer will say, you know we really need the price at $90 to consider you for placement. So we agree that their adjusted Gross Price will be $90. Then we have normal pricing discounts off of that $90. It may be a $5 OI discount on top of the $10 everyday discount that we already provided. So the actual price would be $90 less the OI of $5 for a Net of $85.

I would like to show gross sales at the full $100, then one discount listed at $10 (the adjust Gross discount) and then finally a $5 OI discount on all orders. So Gross sales would show $100 but Net would show $85.

The issue I am seeing is there is currently in ACU there is only one discount line available. So we have to choose between showing Gross of $100 and discounts of $15 OR Gross of $90 and discount of $5. Is there a way to have multiple discounts coming off of the $100 gross in separate discount “sections” on the SO/Invoice?  I am sure this is not available out of the box but is it a customizable solution?

Let me know your thoughts. 

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Kandy Beatty 20 December 2022, 22:33

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @byates 

Have you thought about doing customer price worksheets? 

Then you could do the line discounts

Userlevel 4
Badge

HI @byates 

HI @kandybeatty49,

We are using the Sales Prices in the Receivable Module to manage the customer list prices (“adj gross”), I have always seen the “Create Price Worksheet” but never experimented with it and not sure what it’s purpose is. I will read up on it now and see if it provides any value. Thank you for the suggestion!

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @byates 

HI @kandybeatty49,

We are using the Sales Prices in the Receivable Module to manage the customer list prices (“adj gross”), I have always seen the “Create Price Worksheet” but never experimented with it and not sure what it’s purpose is. I will read up on it now and see if it provides any value. Thank you for the suggestion!

HI @byates 

My second screen shot did not come through but here is a sample:

Userlevel 4
Badge

Thanks for the information. I still think the fundamental issue is that I need two discounts active at the same time at the line level. Based on what I have been reading this will have to be a customization as I can’t find an answer.

Userlevel 4
Badge

@byates If you need to capture multiple discounts or adjustments, there is a product called Rockton Pricing Management that allows you to do this.  In addition to tracking multiple discounts and adjustments, it allows you to post each to a specific GL account which can be displayed on the transaction in Acumatica.  These discounts could also be added to the invoice report.  If interested, you can find more information in the Acumatica Marketplace

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved