Solved

Sales profitability analysis reports - Documentation of calculations

• 22 March 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hello,

I can find no documentation on the sales profitability reports calculations.

Is there any documentation on what costs are included in the calculations?

This is specifically being asked in a manufacturing environment.

This is the specific request “I really need to understand is the sources of inputs to equal the cost field when then determining the customer margin value in the system. ”

icon

Best answer by ltussing03 24 March 2023, 13:43

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @ltussing03 

I found this youtube video that may help:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tA5s1_pzbM

I could not find any specific documentation either on it. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @ltussing03 

Also, if you look at the actual GI for that, it may help you decipher some of the actual reporting:

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Thanks Kandy!

I always appreciate your responses!

Unfortunately, the GI seems to just report ARTRAN.MARGIN and ARTRAN.MARGINPERCENT.  I’m unsure how these are calculated so I don’t know what is included in the costs.  Labor, materials, overhead, commissions, etc….

I really do appreciate your response.  I think I’ll need to open a support ticket on this one to see if support has any documentation I can use.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @ltussing03 

I’m a little surprised there isn’t anything. I also checked the training materials and could not find it. 

Please let us know if you get a response. You could also suggest that information is updated. :)

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

I will certainly reply back when I have more information and will share it here.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

ACU support responded.  I cannot put the entire response in one post due to size so I am splitting it up.

1. The Net Sale amount on the Sales Profitability Analysis is equal to the Amount value from the Sales Order line:

2. The Cost value on the Sales Profitability Analysis is equal to the cost from the IN Issue transaction created from the shipment document originated from the Sales Order:

Next, if you want to make sure that Ext. Cost is calculated correctly, check valuation method on the item.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

For example, the item from my example has Average valuation method:

So, the item unit cost in all IN Issue transactions is calculated as an average value = Total Cost / Qty at the moment of releasing the issued transaction.

If you run the Inventory Valuation report, you can check the unit cost by simple calculation:

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@ltussing03 

Thank you for updating!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved