Solved

Printing an actual check for a customer refund in 2021 R2

• 24 February 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 3

There is an old video on the topic of Customer Refunds where the user goes through about five or six steps to issue a refund to a customer.  And it works great!  However, there were too many steps and Acumatica appears to have simplified the process in subsequent releases.

So now, in my 2021 R2 demo database, when the credit memo is on the screen, there is an option on the ...More menu to REFUND the amount to the customer.  I’ve done that and I see a JE that shows AR was debited and Cash was credited but I don’t see where a check was actually issued to the customer.  I can’t find a pending payment in payables but the JE looks like is was processed as a check.

The whole point of this exercise is to issue a refund check to the customer and I’m just not seeing it.  What am I missing here?

icon

Best answer by John Masi 24 February 2022, 17:19

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

The functionality to actually PRINT a check for an AR refund does not exist.  You must use this Customization package from GITHUB.

https://github.com/Acumatica/PrintCustomerRefundPkg

Hope this helps.

John

Userlevel 3
Badge

You could also use a Business Event to create the Bill to refund the customer.  Based upon the creation of the Customer Refund you should be able to create a the Vendor Bill to be able to print the check.  This would not require any customization beyond the likelihood of needing to create a Generic Inquiry and Import Scenario to create the Bill.

Jim

Userlevel 3

We used the github customization and it worked out great with Acumatica 2021-R2.  Thank you for the information on this vital requirement @John Masi.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@mlupro87 Glad to hear it!  Good luck to you moving forward.

-John

Badge +1

FYI, the GitHub customization (currently) only supports printing Customer Refunds that are tied to a Credit Memo. Printing customer Refunds tied directly to a Payment are NOT supported via the GitHub customization:

https://github.com/Acumatica/PrintCustomerRefundPkg/issues/1#issuecomment-477294125

Will have to do that the standard way:

https://community.acumatica.com/financial-management-123/how-to-print-a-check-for-a-customer-refund-document-5316

Has anyone found a shorter way to process refunds that are not tied to a credit memo?

Userlevel 3
Badge

John Masi:  The GitHub customization is five years old and won’t publish to my client’s system.

Is there an updated GitHub version that will work with newer Acumatica versions?

Userlevel 3
Badge

@John Masi 

The GitHub customization is five years old and won’t publish to my client’s system.

Is there an updated GitHub version that will work with newer Acumatica versions?

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved