Solved

Landed Cost

• 19 July 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

What happens when landed cost is added to an item after the the inventory issuance? For example, our manufacture sends us an invoice for the landed costs associated with a PO after its been received. In some instances the landed cost has been received even after we’ve invoiced and sent those items  out to our customers. I’m curious as to what happens in Acumatica once I add the Landed Costs to those items after its been invoiced and shipped out. How are the landed costs expensed as COGS.

-Edwin

icon

Best answer by dcomerford 11 January 2024, 22:21

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge

We often have the same issue with Landed cost.  

Userlevel 2
Badge

@dougmcbride79 @edwinp did you find a resolution to this issue? I have a similar situation with a client. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

If the Landed cost cannot be assigned to the item cost as iit has been sold before the landed cost was released then the value will be posted to the landed cost variance account which would generally be an expense account.

Userlevel 6
Badge

Thank you

Userlevel 1

Thanks!!

If the Landed cost cannot be assigned to the item cost as iit has been sold before the landed cost was released then the value will be posted to the landed cost variance account which would generally be an expense account.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved