Solved

Is there a way to create an Invoice for a SO Prepayment

• 17 December 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge

My customer wants to require that their customer puts a down payment for items they are ordering.  The system will allow them to enter the payment when it comes in (as a prepayment).  They want to however to send an Invoice for the down payment. 

I am not seeing a way to do this.

I found this article that implies you can do it, but it requires creating a shipment.  This is a manufacturer and they cannot create the shipment because they haven’t made the inventory yet.

https://www.acumatica.com/blog/technical-tuesday-creating-installment-payments-using-payment-terms/

Anybody have any ideas or am I not finding the documentation on how to do this?

icon

Best answer by vkumar 18 December 2021, 03:56

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @MRoszkowski15 

I have checked the details. The link provided explains multiple installment term for an invoice. 

• In your case, for a Sales order, customer expects an ‘Invoice’ to make the prepayment. 
  • In Acumatica, you cannot create an ‘Invoice’ before shipment. 
  • In this case, you may just use an order type with name ‘invoice’  or
  • just build a custom report for Sales order, which prints with alias ‘Invoice’ to enable prepayment (Customization to report).
  • They are not actual invoices, but more like ‘Pro Forma invoice’ to enable ‘Prepayment’

Let me know if this helps. 

Regards,

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved