Solved

Is there a calculation function within acumatica?

• 15 December 2023
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi,

i’ve had a few customers ask me if there was a calculation function within acumatica to add things within the amount field.  I wasn’t sure if anyone had seen this before? 

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Robert Sternberg 15 December 2023, 20:59

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @iqraharrison48 

Can you share more details? What are they trying to calculate? 

The only thing without knowing more is the header total calculates.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

hi @Kandy Beatty 

this is just one screen that i could see it being useful for but in theory it could work in any amount field: 

it doesn’t appear to be doable but I figured i would ask 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

hi @Kandy Beatty 

this is just one screen that i could see it being useful for but in theory it could work in any amount field: 

it doesn’t appear to be doable but I figured i would ask 

I have not seen that, because the way the system looks at it is that it would be the qty * the unit cost. 

Maybe for projects, you could add an idea for a column like that for a future release. If you have a few customers asking for, then there seems to be a need or want for it. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Kandy Beatty i noticed the same thing.  i will check the ideas page to see if there is a similar idea

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@iqraharrison48  If I understand correctly, that do you wanted to SUM the Ext.Cost field value for the all the lines and display it in the header section Just like Detail Total field, you are looking for?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Naveen Boga yes, that is what the client was looking for.  i guess it’s a function within QB and they were curious to see if acumatica had it as well

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@iqraharrison48 hello!  I have heard this feature asked for in the past.  It does not currently exist in Acumatica without customization. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@iqraharrison48 Currently, the system doesn't have built-in support for this specific feature. However, a minor customization can be implemented to achieve the desired functionality. This customization would involve summing the line fields and populating the result in the header section.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Naveen Boga the QB feature allows math operations in the quantity, unit price, and ext. price fields.  For example you could type ‘4+8’ in the quantity field.  When the field loses focus it is evaluated and replaced with ‘12’.  

Maybe this can be accomplished with customization. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@Robert Sternberg  Thanks for sharing the details.

Yes, @iqraharrison48  it requires a customization. Let me know if you need any help with these customizations.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Robert Sternberg @Naveen Boga thank you both for your feedback and help! i dont think the client is interested in creating a customization to accomplish this but its a nice idea! the client came from QB and is used to having the calculation function like robert described!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved