Solved

Import Scenario to import File attachement

How do I import the attachment with an import scenario?   The AP Document has an file attachment.  I am creating the AR Document based on the document lines in the AP Document. 

I can get the attachment file in an generic inquiry - On the APInvoice it is the NoteId

With the import scenario I have the option to update the Note Text field but do not find the option to update the Files. 

icon

Best answer by ed.goodman 15 October 2021, 15:30

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@jsherman21,

Here is the product idea if you would like to vote for it.

Ed

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@jsherman21 

Checked the initial release notes for version 2023 R2 and did not see anything there regarding being able to import file attachments, so I would say the functionality is still not available.

Ed

@ed.goodman I wanted to check and make sure that this is still the case. Does Acumatica still not support importing file attachments? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @zillay ,

Yes, the utility is available to license, we do not have a link to download.  Please send me a message from the Contact page on our website and we can arrange a time to discuss or I can send you the user’s guide.

Thanks,

Laura

Hi @lauraj46 

Do you still have that utility? I was not able to find a link to download and test. 

Thank you, @lauraj46

That worked and is what I was looking for.  Thanks again! 

Jamie 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @jamieevenson ,

Here is the updated link:

https://www.parallelsolutions4u.com/psblog/files-in-acumatica-using-the-api-to-automate-file-uploads

Hope this helps :)

Laura

Hi @lauraj46

It looks like the link you provided is not working.  Do you have a valid link or could send some additional information?  

I look foward to hearing from you. :) 

Jamie

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @retha50 ,

The REST API allows you to upload files. We created a small utility using C# to upload files from a folder based on a naming convention.  

https://www.erpsolutions4u.com/psblog/files-in-acumatica-using-the-api-to-automate-file-uploads

Laura

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

At the present time, functionality to import file attachments does not exist.  This would be a great product idea to add as I have handled several support cases where this functionality was asked about.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved