Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Laura02 27 May 2023, 02:12

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Fie 

Have you reviewed the below suggestions https://www.stellarinfo.com/article/excel-cannot-open-the-file-because-the-extension-is-not-valid.php#:~:text=If%20the%20'Excel%20file%20extension,Versions%2C%20click%20Recover%20Unsaved%20Workbooks.

Also, I recommended to re-install the excel again in the system, the issue related to the excel version.

Could you please export the report into PDF and convert it into excel and check the issues?

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I’ve also seen this happen if you try to open the Excel file before it’s finished downloading.  If it’s a large report, it may take a moment or two to finish downloading completely.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi,

I tried to follow the instruction but still not working, but I tried to filter to lessen the output and its working but when I go back and generated the whole report. The error is still there.

Do you have any workaround available for this issue?

Thank you!

Badge +16

Hello @Fie ,

You have answered the cause of your Excel error:  too many records being exported.

You have asked for a work-around.  One work-around is to filter your records and export them in smaller groups. For example, you may filter by financial period and export a few periods at a time.

Another work-around is to use an Export Scenario to export the records. We can export to CSV when there are too many records for Excel.

Laura

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi Miss @Laura02 ,

Would you give us a reference on how to used export scenario in a report designer?

Thank you!

Badge +16

Hello, Export Scenario isn’t part of report Designer. Export Scenarios are part of Integration module. 

We can import from Excel using Import Scenarios, and similarly, we can export to excel using Export Scenarios. YouTube is a good resource to see examples.

Laura

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi Miss Laura, The Excel that I want to export in excel is a report type not a field type maybe there is a limitation for Export By Scenario and there is a possibility that the requirement of the report might not be the same. Thanks! 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved