Skip to main content
Question

Deposit clearing cash account showing a balance after deposit has been made

• 11 July 2024
  • 6 replies

Hello!

Is there a reason there would be a balance left in my deposit clearing cash account after i have already done all the deposits and “cleared” the cash out?

Any help would be appreciated! :)

Thank you!

6 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

Yes, it’s possible to have a balance in a cash clearing account after deposit screen is used to move payments to the parent cash accounts. Could transactions came from a source other than AR payments? 

Here is an example from Sales Demo where I’ve entered a transaction to updated a Cash Clearing account:

First, use Banking → Recalculate Account Balances to make sure the cash balance in Banking is picking up all prior transactions.  If you still see a difference or incorrect balance, study the Finance → Account Details screen and try to find the source of your difference or incorrect balance. Look for entries that did not come from Cash or AR modules.

Laura

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi @Laura02!

So I found out that the balance is from 3 payments that were voided after they were deposited in bank deposits. Any idea on how to fix that? 

Badge +18

Hello @stacy16 ,

If the customer is not already using 2024 R1 -- a warning was added when users try to Void a Payment that has already been deposited:

Here is another idea where Megan F. recommends an approval map to prevent voids for deposited checks:

I wonder whether a simple Journal could correct the balances in the clearing account and the parent cash account?  If not, Acumatica recommends the following steps to void/re-enter deposits that contain voided payments.

Laura

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Okay I read through that, however the issue is that the deposit went through with non-voided checks on it. Then later those checks were voided. :/ i tried to follow the steps but it doesn't match my situation unfortunately. I am going to try a journal transaction to see if that works. Thank you so much @Laura02 ! :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

If they checks have been voided, then likely the AR invoices associated with them may have been re-opened.  So prior to doing a journal entry, make sure that your AR is correct.  

@Laura02 - Thanks for the shout out :)

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @stacy16 were you able to find a solution? Thank you!