Solved

Credit Terms - for specific month that does not change

How would I set up ½ May 1st and ½ June 1st terms? Regardless of when invoice date is, I want terms to be those two months always. 

icon

Best answer by meganfriesen37 3 March 2023, 23:00

View original

2 replies

Badge +18

I think your request will require a customization.  With standard Acumatica Credit Terms screen, we can select # of days with Installment terms and regular terms, but we cannot select the month as a constant in a way that will always produce Due Dates in May and June.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I was curious about this so I tried this in our demo environment.  It sounds like you want the first payment to be due on the 1st of 2nd month from now. 

You can’t quite get to 2 months, but you can get close:

With what’s available, if you do it with the 1st of the next month and the month after with the following credit term set-up.

I created invoice AR010725 and the system automatically split it into 2 invoices with due dates that are on the 1st of the next month and then the 1st of the next month.  Jan 1 invoice date, Feb 1 and Mar 1 invoice dates

I updated the Credit Terms and changed it to the Day of the Next Month and “31” (instead of 1) and I was able to get the following results with a February invoice...which puts your due dates only 1 day ahead which might be close enough? - Feb 3 Invoice Date - March 31 and Apr 30 due dates.

Using the installments - the first invoice posts the revenue the system automatically closes the invoice and creates 2 new invoices with both the debit and credit entries against the Accounts Receivable accounts.

Megan

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved