Solved

Combine Finacial Report from different tenants?

• 25 July 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hello,

Our company are planning to do 2 kinds of business, storage service and distribution.
For storage serivce, the inventory are NOT supposed to post to ledger, it is customer’s inventory. 
For distriution , the inventory will post to ledger and will be counted as COGS when issuing and invoicing.
      So , to serve this need, we are planning to maintain the 2 kinds of business in 2 separated tenants.

Here comes the quesiton, How can we combine the P&L report and Balance sheet easily,or even automatically?

icon

Best answer by ray20 25 July 2023, 10:32

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

You cannot access cross-tenant data. Everything is filtered by “CompanyID” behind the scene which represents your “Tenants”.

My pice of advice. Do no do this instead track those inventories that shouldn’t be posted either at zero cost if possible and if not just do not post the documents. If the consolidated report is important, you will be facing unsolvable problems.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

To who also interested in this topic,  Acumatica is supporting “Financial consolidation”. Which can solve my need.

You can get the details in help doc, like below:

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@aaghaei  Thank you for your comment.  Luckily, Acumatica is supporting consolidate 1 tenant’s financial data to another tenant, which can solve my need. You can get more information in help doc.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

If the aggregation (although it is called consolidation but it is not) of data at GL balance level serves your purpose and is all you want then go for it. It will do the work.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Thank you for sharing your solution with the community @ray20!

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@aaghaei  hello, according to my test, the consolidation process is actually sync the total turnover of each account# in a given period, like below:

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Yes, it is was I said. It aggregates. It doesn’t consolidate. In accounting world there is a huge difference between aggregation and consolidation. Please consult your CFO or Controller.

below is a quick link if spam filter allows to be posted.

https://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/fsi/guide/2006/pdf/chp5.pdf

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved