Solved

Time Zone setting for SOOrder OrderDate field

• 30 November 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hello-

We are having an issue with the OrderDate field on SOOrder. When you create a new order, it automatically populates with the ‘current date’ - however there appears to be a timezone discrepancy / bug.

Order created on 11/29/22 at 10:53 PM:

OrderDate field automatically populates with date 11/30/2022:

Both the timezone of the user, and the timezone of the site in ‘Site Preferences > Login Time Zone’ are configured to be Eastern Time:

Does anybody know how to set the timezone the system uses to fill the OrderDate field?

The wrong date is resulting in discrepancies in our reporting numbers.

Thank you!!

icon

Best answer by aaghaei 19 January 2023, 10:23

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @xkylewrightx 

In one of my ticket, I see this response from Acumatica.

May be it will help you.

https://help-2022r2.acumatica.com/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=9821cff9-4970-4153-a0f8-dbf5758133a7

Userlevel 5
Badge

@manikantad18

Thank you - The API only mimics the UI. 

You can change the date manually in either case, as you have linked, however the system is still using the wrong time zone to set the default value.

I don’t think remembering, or coding, to set the date manually on every order after 9 or 10 PM is a good solution

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @xkylewrightx were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

If the CreatedDate value is correct then you can;

Set the PXDefault value of the OrderDate to CreatedDate or

Add a RowInserting EventHandler to set the OrderDate to to UtcDate

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved