Is Acumatica Pro Services edition like Clockify

• 7 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

I know this was announced during the 2024 summit, but does anyone know whether or not this is simply a “re-branding” by Acumatica of their current Projects modules, or is this a totally and completely *new* module specifically for companies that perform Time & Billing?  For example, similar to what Lawyers and Accountants would use to track and bill their time with?  (ie. Something like Clockify or Clio)

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @NetAdmin42 

I have not been able to find anything related to what the professional services edition will entail other than the short announcement at Summit as well. 

I believe it may not be available until later this year, so looking like an R2 release. It most likely will target time and billing such as for consulting, lawyers, accountants… etc. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Kandy Beatty 

That appears to be all I can find as well.  Thank you for the note about it likely being an R2 release.

I would have liked Acumatica to have at least clarified what “they” mean by “Professional Services”.  The IT industry defines that as any company or job function as a knowledge worker who bills clients based on the amount of time spent on that customer.  IE, Lawyers, Accountants, Consultants.  And, today, Acumatica’s time system is really simply for payroll, job costing and expense management.  NOT really designed for Time and Billing.  So, would be nice to have at least some clarification as to what “Professional Services” means to Acumatica.
Thank you again,

Jeff

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @Kandy Beatty 

That appears to be all I can find as well.  Thank you for the note about it likely being an R2 release.

I would have liked Acumatica to have at least clarified what “they” mean by “Professional Services”.  The IT industry defines that as any company or job function as a knowledge worker who bills clients based on the amount of time spent on that customer.  IE, Lawyers, Accountants, Consultants.  And, today, Acumatica’s time system is really simply for payroll, job costing and expense management.  NOT really designed for Time and Billing.  So, would be nice to have at least some clarification as to what “Professional Services” means to Acumatica.
Thank you again,

Jeff

I agree. I’d like to see what it will entail and the target audience for it. I think there’s a need for it outside of job costing and such. It maybe along the lines to have a partner use Acumatica in house for billing as well, because I know currently it’s not clear, you have to do some work arounds to use Acumatica to bill if you are a partner. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved