Inner frame sometimes opening in a second tab when using Safari

• 6 April 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I’m wondering if anyone here is using Safari on macOS/iOS/iPadOS -- i’ve been experiencing this issue for more than one year and I’m still seeing it with the latest 21.1 release and latest Safari updates. A few times per day when accessing an Acumatica site I’ll see two tabs. First tab contains the navigation bar and inner frame, and the second tab just the inner frame:

It is really annoying, and I have yet to find any way to replicate this constantly so it’s a bit hard to file a bug report through support...

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@yurik05 thanks for your feedback on the occasional browser tab behavior, hopefully, we find enough information to get this resolved by Acumatica :)

The CTRL-C behaviour is by design, that’s how you’re supposed to copy contents from the grid. I suspect this is due to browser limitation and lack of a clipboard API when Acumatica was originally developed (Internet Explorer, for instance, does not support this). 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I have also seen this, and not only on Mac with Safari.  So I don’t think it’s isolated to your environment.

Off topic. What really triggers me, is that when you copy a cell value in Acumatica using Mac (regardless of the browser), it will pop-up a window that needs to be closed before you can interact with the screen again:

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved