Solved

How to set up Time Card Approver? (for internal projects)

• 2 March 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi guys,

we need our backoffice employees to clock their time card for internal projects such as Administration, HR, Finance. Currently the Approval Status of the employees’ time card is “Not Required”. Where should I set up the approver? Is it in “Projects → Tasks → Approvers”?

By the way, could someone please tell me if there’s a course about time card that covers most of knowledge needed to use “Time and expenses” module? That way I can get the whole picture instead of asking one question at a time here in the community. Many thanks!

icon

Best answer by vkumar 2 March 2022, 14:34

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @shuang57 

You can setup an approval map to approve Time card on Time & Expenses preferences screen. 

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @vkumar  Thanks for showing me the right place to set up.

I enabled Approval Workflow and created an approval map called “Time Card Approval”, and then on Time & Expenses Preferences form I chose this approval map to be the Time Card Approval Map. But then I went back to an employee account, the Approval Status of her time card is still “Not Required”. I also checked from “Employees → Assignment and Approval Maps”, nothing appeared there either.

Could you please check whether there’s anything wrong with my setting? Thank you!

Badge +18

Hi,

There is a checkbox in the employee screen:  “Time Card is Required” on the General Info tab. Is this checked ON?

Laura

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @shuang57 

To test if the approval map is working, do create a Time card and remove it from Hold. The Time card should move to ‘Pending approval’ status. 

The Employee profile > Assignment and Approval map tab will reflect the ‘Assignment map rules’ where selected Employee is an ‘Approver’.

Note on following screenshot, Maxwell Baker is approver for all Timecards, Hence the approval map is reflected on Approval map tab of Maxwell baker employee profile.

If its not reflecting in above manner on your environment, do let me know the version and build of your Acumatica instance. I will test further. 
Regards,

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @laura01 @vkumar 

Thanks for both of your replies. The “Time Card is Required” checkbox was on, and the Assignment and Approval map information did appear on the employee’s page who has been assigned to approve time card.

Then I tried to submit an employee time card. The status became “pending approval” as expected. So I assume the problem has been solved. Thanks again for all your help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@shuang57 you are most welcome!

Regards,

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved