Solved

Firefox Buttons Disappearing after Publish and Console Errors

Badge +1

I’ve moved over to using Firefox with Acumatica for some of the productivity extensions (like TST) and have noticed a weird issue that I didn’t have when using Chrome.

1. After I publish customizations, the navigation buttons disappear:
    Reloading, signing out, clearing cache and cookies doesn’t work. I have to complete exit the browser and then re-enter for it to reappear.
  2. When loading a page I see a lot of console errors:
    --“Cookie “timeStamp” does not have a proper “SameSite” attribute value. Soon, cookies without the “SameSite” attribute or with an invalid value will be treated as “Lax”. This means that the cookie will no longer be sent in third-party contexts. If your application depends on this cookie being available in such contexts, please add the “SameSite=None“ attribute to it. To know more about the “SameSite“ attribute, read https://developer.mozilla.org/docs/Web/HTTP/Headers/Set-Cookie/SameSite Main”
    --“downloadable font: download failed (font-family: "FontAwesome" style:normal weight:400 stretch:100 src index:1): status=2147746065 source: https://gprinting.acumatica.com/(W(127))/fonts/acumatica-font-v1.woff2?q9otuf

Any special configurations necessary Firefox play nicely with Acumatica?

icon

Best answer by stephenbologna39 2 August 2022, 19:44

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I have also seen this issue many times in the Firefox browser and when I open in the new tab then it loaded properly with all the buttons and controls.

Badge +1

I have also seen this issue many times in the Firefox browser and when I open in the new tab then it loaded properly with all the buttons and controls.

This worked sometimes but this last time nothing worked except re-opening Firefox and re-opening in a new Container tab .

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @Ahmed - were you able to find a solution for your issue? Thank you!

Badge +1

Hi @Ahmed - were you able to find a solution for your issue? Thank you!

Nope, I just stopped publishing in Firefox. Publishing only in other browsers when needed.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Yep - Firefox. When I have lots of acumatica tabs open buttons start to disappear. Requires Firefox restart.

In my experience, it’s not related to publishing… 

Badge +1

Yep - Firefox. When I have lots of acumatica tabs open buttons start to disappear. Requires Firefox restart.

In my experience, it’s not related to publishing… 

The restart is the last resort and especially happens after publishing for me.

Other causes of buttons disappearing I’ve found are fixed easily by doing a hard refresh or closing the tab and re-opening.

Thankfully though, none of this happens too frequently.

Userlevel 4
Badge

I’m an avid Acumatica/Firefox user and I have seen this many times before.

In my experience, this happens when you have a JavaScript dialog box open in one or more tabs.  For example, if you get a session timeout popup message, for some reason this will cause loading issues for the actions bar in any subsequent Acumatica tabs/windows you open.  To fix it, I typically only need to dismiss the popup, then everything goes back to normal.  As long as you can find the tab with the dialog box, I’ve found that a browser/tab restart is not required.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@stephenbologna39
Noice.

Badge +1

@stephenbologna39 that has to be it! I must have a tab open that timed out somewhere while I load/publish in one other tab. Some clients have frequent timeouts. Will pay attention to this next time and mark resolved if this was it.

Badge +1

Confirmed Stephen’s finding: this is due to Firefox allowing users to go to different tabs even with pop-up boxes open in one of the other tabs.

Tricks to fix this if you have dozens of tabs open like me for the same site and don’t want to find which tab it is… is to unload all tabs (can use an Add-on like ATB) and then unloaded tabs will work fine.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved