Question

Edit Wiki Sections

• 30 September 2022
  • 14 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

How do I edit the order of the SECTIONS on a wiki? These would be the wiki headers like REFERENCE, END USER, etc in the ACUMATICA EDUCATIONAL RESOURCES help link. The order seems to be random with different sites and I’m trying to get END USER set as the top section instead of REFERENCE.

Thank You!

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @Michael Hansen 

Can you share a screenshot of where you are referring to?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Are you referring to these?

Userlevel 5
Badge

I am indeed referring to changing the order of those headings you’ve highlighted.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

I am indeed referring to changing the order of those headings you’ve highlighted.

HI @Michael Hansen 

I have not found where you can change these. I looked to see if you could customize it, but there’s no where I could find. The site map doesn’t show it either. 

Userlevel 5
Badge

That’s the same wall I hit, but I have two sites where they are NOT in the same order, so it’s pulling that sorting info from somewhere.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

That’s the same wall I hit, but I have two sites where they are NOT in the same order, so it’s pulling that sorting info from somewhere.

Are they 2 different versions of Acumatica?

Userlevel 5
Badge

Acumatica 2022 R1
Build 22.104.0012

and

Acumatica 2022 R1
Build 22.109.0023

Slightly different builds.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

This is interesting because my local version is 22.112.0018 and another instance that I looked at is the same and they are both different ways on how it shows me the Educational Resources:

Very interesting. 

Userlevel 5
Badge

Right, and my issue comes up as I wish to export Wiki’s as a customization: they all target one header section “End Users”. I can manage every Wiki and point it to a new section, but it’d be a lot cleaner to just ensure the top section is always “End Users” rather than constantly change where these are pointing after importing them. Obviously it’s coded somewhere, but how to access it is beyond me at the moment.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Right, and my issue comes up as I wish to export Wiki’s as a customization: they all target one header section “End Users”. I can manage every Wiki and point it to a new section, but it’d be a lot cleaner to just ensure the top section is always “End Users” rather than constantly change where these are pointing after importing them. Obviously it’s coded somewhere, but how to access it is beyond me at the moment.

Agreed, it’s coded somewhere. Please let me know if you find out. 

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @Michael Hansen - were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 5
Badge

Nope, still holding out hope that we can set our own sorting preferences :D

Badge

How do I edit the order of the SECTIONS on a wiki? These would be the wiki headers like REFERENCE, END USER, etc in the ACUMATICA EDUCATIONAL RESOURCES help link. The order seems to be random with different sites and I’m trying to get END USER set as the top section instead of REFERENCE.

Thank You!

I was tinkering with Wiki (SM.20.20.05) yesterday and I discovered that I can force the sequence, by ensuring the sequence field is the earliest, in my case, 10.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Close, do you see how you set the SECTION to End User? I want to move the SECTION -> END USER, not the wiki. This has been my issue.

I assume you chose End User as it was likely your topmost SECTION. They (the developers) move this section around during updates, which means you may not always have your wiki at the top. I want to set my SECTIONS so that I can choose where my wiki will always be located. 

Hopefully someone knows this answer. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved