Skip to main content
Solved

Delete Stock - Reassign Inventory ID

Hello,

I accidentally ended up with almost duplicate Inventory ID’s for some products.  

Correct Inventory ID - HEMWPAAD2027 - not associated with any other records

Incorrect Inventory ID - HEMWPAAD02027 - SO’s and inventory all associated with this ID.

Difference is the 0 after the D.  

I am trying to delete HEMWPAAD2027 as a tock item, which it looks like it does.

Then I want to Change ID on stock item HEMWPAAD02027 to the now deleted (but correct) ID of HEMWPAAD2027.

1. I hit delete, and it appears that this item is now deleted.
  2. I try to change ID on HEMWPAAD02027 to the ID I just deleted, but get this error:
  3. I hit OK and it somehow goes back to the Inventory ID I just deleted.

I’m not sure what to do.  How do I go about deleting and changing the ID’s?

Thanks,

11 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Can you rename HEMWPAAD02027 then delete it, then rename the other one?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @nathankeating 

Are there any transactions associated with the incorrect item? Sales Orders, PO’s, Inventory transactions?

Userlevel 3
Badge

@kandybeatty49 @jbuddecke71 

Thank you for your responses.  Yes, the incorrect item ID, HEMWPAAD0202,  is the one with all the transactions associated with it so it cannot be deleted whether I change the ID to anything else or not.  

After “deleting” HEMWPAAD2027, I can’t search it or find it anywhere in ACU.  As far as I can tell, it is deleted.  That is until I try to change the ID of HEMWPAAD02027 to HEMWPAAD2027, then all of a sudden it gives the error in screenshot 2 and when I hit OK, it resorts to the “deleted” record in screenshot 3.  

Is there a way to permanently delete a stock item that I’m missing?  

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @nathankeating 

The system will not allow you to change the ID to an item that has been deleted. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

@kandybeatty49 thanks for clarifying. That seems weird and not the answer I wanted, but thank you for answering none the less.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@kandybeatty49 thanks for clarifying. That seems weird and not the answer I wanted, but thank you for answering none the less.  

Happy to help! 😀

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

@kandybeatty49 - is it possible to “un-delete” a deleted item?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@kandybeatty49 - is it possible to “un-delete” a deleted item?

Hi @mikeho  once an item is deleted, you can not recover it. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Kandy Beatty Do you know of a way to safely delete the marked as deleted inventory ID from the database if it isn’t associated with any other records? We are having a similar issue here, and I am comfortable working with SQL but I don’t want to just delete something like this without a script.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Kandy Beatty Do you know of a way to safely delete the marked as deleted inventory ID from the database if it isn’t associated with any other records? We are having a similar issue here, and I am comfortable working with SQL but I don’t want to just delete something like this without a script.

HI @tararosenthal 

If there is nothing associated with the record, you should be able to delete it. If not, you will need to run a script. Otherwise, I would suggest reaching out to your partner or Acumatica for assistance. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @nathankeating 

Check this thread. This approach should let you use deleted entity ID.

https://community.acumatica.com/maintenance-and-troubleshooting-229/how-to-resolve-the-another-process-has-added-the-entity-record-your-changes-will-be-lost-error-on-a-user-s-attempt-to-change-a-record-id-237?tid=237&fid=229

Hope this helps

Regards,