Solved

Delete Stock - Reassign Inventory ID

• 6 April 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello,

I accidentally ended up with almost duplicate Inventory ID’s for some products.  

Correct Inventory ID - HEMWPAAD2027 - not associated with any other records

Incorrect Inventory ID - HEMWPAAD02027 - SO’s and inventory all associated with this ID.

Difference is the 0 after the D.  

I am trying to delete HEMWPAAD2027 as a tock item, which it looks like it does.

Then I want to Change ID on stock item HEMWPAAD02027 to the now deleted (but correct) ID of HEMWPAAD2027.

1. I hit delete, and it appears that this item is now deleted.
  2. I try to change ID on HEMWPAAD02027 to the ID I just deleted, but get this error:
  3. I hit OK and it somehow goes back to the Inventory ID I just deleted.

I’m not sure what to do.  How do I go about deleting and changing the ID’s?

Thanks,

icon

Best answer by Kandy Beatty 7 April 2023, 16:28

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Can you rename HEMWPAAD02027 then delete it, then rename the other one?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @nathankeating 

Are there any transactions associated with the incorrect item? Sales Orders, PO’s, Inventory transactions?

Userlevel 3
Badge

@kandybeatty49 @jbuddecke71 

Thank you for your responses.  Yes, the incorrect item ID, HEMWPAAD0202,  is the one with all the transactions associated with it so it cannot be deleted whether I change the ID to anything else or not.  

After “deleting” HEMWPAAD2027, I can’t search it or find it anywhere in ACU.  As far as I can tell, it is deleted.  That is until I try to change the ID of HEMWPAAD02027 to HEMWPAAD2027, then all of a sudden it gives the error in screenshot 2 and when I hit OK, it resorts to the “deleted” record in screenshot 3.  

Is there a way to permanently delete a stock item that I’m missing?  

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @nathankeating 

The system will not allow you to change the ID to an item that has been deleted. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

@kandybeatty49 thanks for clarifying. That seems weird and not the answer I wanted, but thank you for answering none the less.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@kandybeatty49 thanks for clarifying. That seems weird and not the answer I wanted, but thank you for answering none the less.  

Happy to help! 😀

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@kandybeatty49 - is it possible to “un-delete” a deleted item?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@kandybeatty49 - is it possible to “un-delete” a deleted item?

Hi @mikeho  once an item is deleted, you can not recover it. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved