Solved

Business Event Not Trigger Based on Record Change in Generic Inquiry

• 20 December 2023
  • 16 replies

Badge

I have a generic inquiry that looks at all sales orders. My goal is to send an email to required receipients when a ship date changes. 

Here is the trigger conditions:

and the fields to track:

The Business Event history is empty. Ship dates are being changed.

Any ideas why it is not triggering? Is it a problem with the BE or GI? 

icon

Best answer by kurtwoeste 22 December 2023, 15:56

View original

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @kurtwoeste 

There might be an issue with some triggering conditions in acumatica,

Please check with other trigger conditions and verify this.

Which version?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @kurtwoeste 

I have created a sample Business event on schedule shipment dae, Please verify once 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@manikantad18 Check on the GI you are using that the key fields for all the tables on the GI are on the results grid.

Badge

The GI includes ALL of the fields from the SOOrder table.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

The GI includes ALL of the fields from the SOOrder table.

Did you get chance to review the business event attached and compare?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Check this post i have found it very useful 

Badge

I have followed all of the tips, and it does not seem to matter. It is so simple, it has to be something silly. The GI includes OrderType,OrderNbr, and ShipDate. When a user modify’s the ship date, nothing happens. The goal is to notify the logistics department of a change in ship date.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Strange try Restart Dispatcher on the the System Queue Monitor (SM302010) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @kurtwoeste 

I am using so line sche shipment date and I see below hightlghted operator difference 

can you make a change and review it once.

if not resolved Please share GI, Notification template and Business event xml file

Badge

I’ve exported the GI & BE to a different tenent and it works. Is there a setting/preference to not track changes by tenent?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @kurtwoeste I dont think we have a option for that, could you please modify or compare the necessary and confirm?

Thanks

Badge

That is not necessary. I am getting it to work in one tenent, but not the other. It’s the exact same GI and exact same BE.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @kurtwoeste 

Can you restart application and verify it?

Badge

Restarting the application did not change anything. The field changes are not recognized.

Badge

The BE does work when changing the Trigger Conditions Operation is changed from Field Changed, to Record Inserted. 

The operation highlighted in red fires, the “Field Changed” (ShipDate) does not fire.

Trigger Conditions

Badge

I figured the issue out and it seems like a bug in the system to me. I am posting this helping it hopes someone else in the future.

Under Order Types → SO → Order Settings → Require Customer Order Nbr

The BE was not working when the option was set to “Forbid Duplicates”. Once it was set to “Warn About Duplicates” the BE fired as expected.

Order Types - SO - Order Settings

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved