Solved

Using Stock KITs and Substitution (Related Items)

Userlevel 1

Setup some stock skus to use related items (set the item class to NOT allow Negatives) and tried to assemble a kit that one of the components was at a qty 0, and had allow for substitutions but I’m not sure where I pick the substitution item to add to the Kit assemble BOM.  Is there something I’m missing in the process?   How do I process the substitution?  

icon

Best answer by Kandy Beatty 4 August 2022, 18:57

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

HI @Nancybielke83 

Are you setting everything up first under the Kit Specifications? If you add the Component Items, you can select Allow Component Substitution. 

The item need to have a Related Item set as a Substitution though.

Userlevel 1

Yes that is exactly how we have it configured.  If we go to the KIT assembly it shows that the one default stock item is negative but where do I select to substitute it? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

HI @Nancybielke83 

You don’t reference it on the kit, it is referenced on the Stock Item.

Here is a great video to see more:

(573) Acumatica 2021 R2 - Related Items - YouTube

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @kbeatty21 

I work with Nancy and we have it setup like you referenced.  When we go to do a Kit Assembly, it warns that the one item will go negative and when we try to release the assembly, it errors out.  What triggers the substition in the Kit Assembly process?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Nancybielke83  and @andreagr 

In that case, you would need to use the substitute item. The system’s standard flow is to only allow kits of what you have in stock.

Userlevel 4
Badge

I’m not sure that the Kit Specifications are linked to Related Items.  Kits had been part of Acumatica for many years before Related Items were introduced.

That being said, I can’t see how to make substitutions either.  Perhaps you need to prepare many Kit Specification Revisions in advance and simply choose the appropriate Revs during the Kit Assembly transaction.  I’ll be following along in hope that someone posts a better answer.

Userlevel 2
Badge

@kbeatty21 How do you use the subtitute item during the kit assembly?  Is @gdow23 suggestion the only option?

There is a kit processing enhancement available from here https://www.acumatica.com/acumatica-marketplace/biztech-kit-processing/.  It will do what we need, but also way more than we need and we were trying to save the cost and use default functionality since the “allow component substitions” was available on the screen.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

HI @andreagr 

When you put for Example the Stock Item: ELEBOARD on the Kit Specification 

On the Stock Item, you create the Substitute

Then on the Kit Assembly, you can put the substitute on the Assembly. 

The system will not allow you to create Kit Assemblies for items that are not in stock. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Once Allow Component Substitution is checked in the specification, you manually change the part number on the detail line.

Hard Drive Allows Substitution

Released with Substituted Item

Userlevel 2
Badge

@DConcannon  @kbeatty21 So you have to know or lookup what the allowed substitutions are during the Kit Assembly?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

@DConcannon  @kbeatty21 So you have to know or lookup what the allowed substitutions are during the Kit Assembly?

Correct, you would need to know or look up based off the Stock Item. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

@Nancybielke83@andreagr 

So you have to know or lookup what the allowed substitutions are during the Kit Assembly?

I am using 2021 R1 and yes, selecting the correct substitution is left to institutional knowledge. Acumatica allowed me to substitute 10 Yodels for a HD. The computer doesn’t work, but it’s tasty ;)

Userlevel 1

Thank you for your help, I guess we were expecting more automation behind the kit substitution process.  Thanks again for the clarification!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved