Solved

Shipping screen - Get Return Label

• 8 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

On the more menu of the shipping screen, there is an action labeled “Get Return Labels”.

I can find no documentation on what that is supposed to do.  Is it supposed to just print a label or does it do anything to data?

Also, I get an error saying “Confirmation for each and every package is required.” when I do this to an open shipment.  If I have a Confirmed shipment open in the screen, the “Get return Labels” is grayed out and unavailable.

Thanks for any insight!

icon

Best answer by hkabiri 8 February 2023, 22:34

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@ltussing03 

Hi,

Yes the Action supposed to provide you the Return Label in case the shipper wants to include the return label inside the box or for any other reason return label is required.

The message regarding confirmation for each and every package… means you need to check the confirmed flag for each package on the shipment and not the Confirm Shipment. This is required if “Confirmation for Each Box is Required” checked on corresponding Ship Via Code (ScreenId=CS207500)

In case you want the Return Label generated as well as Shipping Label you should have the flag Generate Return Label Automatically checked on Corresponding Ship Via code used for the Shipment.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Sam,

Thanks so much for the great explanation and documentation!

It is really appreciated!

Is there an easy way to create a return on a previously shipped order?    I notice in an open shipment, can ‘get return labels’ but that would create return for outgoing package size and weight.  What if we wanted to create return for previous order that used different size box/weight?

Also, the “Get return labels” feature completes task (green check mark) but nothing prints.  If I log into stamps.com can see the return label was created/purchased.    Does it only print when you confirm the open (outgoing) package itself?

Thanks for any input.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved