Solved

Sales invoice Import template speed taking 6hrs to import 2500 record lines

• 21 December 2021
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

I am importing invoices into screen SO303000 and I have 2,500 record lines and this is taking about 6 hours, previously I would import this in under an hour using the same template.

What could be the issue?

icon

Best answer by kudzaim20 22 December 2021, 09:06

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @kudzaim20 were you able to reach resolution on this issue? Thanks!

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @kudzaim20  Import Scenario looks good to me. @vkumar  Correct me If I’m wrong here.

I have just enabled the “Commit” on the last row that is the <Action: Save> line, I will monitor to see if import speed has improved.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @kudzaim20  Import Scenario looks good to me. @vkumar  Correct me If I’m wrong here.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @kudzaim20 

Pease send your import scenario as well. If ‘commit’ is checked on most columns, it will try save the data for each column mapped ( commit enabled). 

Regards,

I have also attached a screenshot of the import scenario 

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @kudzaim20 

Pease send your import scenario as well. If ‘commit’ is checked on most columns, it will try save the data for each column mapped ( commit enabled). 

Regards,

I have attached the import scenario in xml format

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @kudzaim20 

Regards,

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Parallel Processing should speed up the import if you don’t already have it enabled. You do want to make sure your data has the key(or keys) marked if you are importing details, otherwise you can run into issues where multiple threads are trying to update the same document at the same time.

There are a number of things that could be slowing down the import(though generally not by that much), but here’s a few off the top of my head:

• If you have any new customizations affecting invoices that could be affecting performance.
  • If the previous imports you had migration mode on that could affect performance(migration mode would be quicker) though I doubt by that much.
  • If you have a recently integrated tax provider that could be slowing the import down. 
  • If you have made any changes in the AR Preferences page that could affect performance.
Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @kudzaim20  If we select the “Parallel Processing” checkbox, internally Import Scenario will create the multiple threads and will execute parallelly. 

Since threads are executing parallelly hence performance will be improved a lot, hence suggested this option.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @kudzaim20  Ideally it should NOT take that much time.

Also, have you tried with the “Parallel Processing” option in the import scenario?

Let me try the “Parallel Processing” route and see what happens

What does the “Parallel Processing” option do?

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @kudzaim20  Ideally it should NOT take that much time.

Also, have you tried with the “Parallel Processing” option in the import scenario?

Let me try the “Parallel Processing” route and see what happens

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @kudzaim20  Ideally it should NOT take that much time.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Running 2021 R2

Build 21.201.0086

The only maintenance work carried out was to truncate the SMPerformanceInfoSQL  Table and shrink my AcumaticaDB database file.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @kudzaim20 

Please let us know the version and build you are on. When you mention ‘previously’, has there been any maintenance activity / update performed on your instance since then?

Regards,

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved