Solved

Recover/View Deleted Shipments

I am trying to find a way to view deleted shipment records to discover who is deleting them and why they are being deleted. I tried to do this through a GI but I don't think the Shipments table supports exposing deleted shipments.

Does anyone have a better idea as to how I can accomplish this?

icon

Best answer by manikantad18 27 June 2023, 19:14

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @anewby 

The only way to do this is through the database. You can have a developer look for that or put a support ticket in with Acumatica to assist. 

Thanks Kandy - I’ve submitted a case per your suggestion!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I am trying to find a way to view deleted shipment records to discover who is deleting them and why they are being deleted. I tried to do this through a GI but I don't think the Shipments table supports exposing deleted shipments.

Do you have audit history enabled and shipment number deleted? if it enabled 

Please go to audit history screen and select the shipment screen ID

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @anewby  After deleting the shipments, I think it is not possible to determine from the GI. However, moving forward, if someone deletes a shipment, we can obtain this information by configuring the Business Events using a straightforward process.

I just created a new Business Event, which enables me to track the person who deleted my shipment. Please refer to the screenshot for visual reference.

BE with Trigger Conditions

BE with Subscriber

Email got triggered after deleting the shipment using BE

Email Notification triggered with the details that who deleted the shipment.

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @anewby  After deleting the shipments, I think it is not possible to determine from the GI. However, moving forward, if someone deletes a shipment, we can obtain this information by configuring the Business Events using a straightforward process.

I just created a new Business Event, which enables me to track the person who deleted my shipment. Please refer to the screenshot for visual reference.

BE with Subscriber

Hope this helps!

@Naveen Boga  What version of Acumatica is this on?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@kandybeatty49  I have created this in the 23 R1.

This worked like a charm! Thanks for introducing me to this functionality!

Hi @anewby  After deleting the shipments, I think it is not possible to determine from the GI. However, moving forward, if someone deletes a shipment, we can obtain this information by configuring the Business Events using a straightforward process.

BE with Subscriber

Hope this helps!

@Naveen Boga  how do you pull the username of the user who deleted the record into the notification template? I cannot seem to figure this out.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@anewby  I have configured it like the below. Please find the screenshot and also attached the Email Notification, you can download and import it into your instance.

@anewby  I have configured it like the below. Please find the screenshot and also attached the Email Notification, you can download and import it into your instance.

@Naveen Boga so I implemented this but I’ve discovered an error where the PREV((Document.LastModifiedByID)) datafield is not referencing the user who deleted the record. See screenshots below:

Email Notification Template

Audit History

Resulting Email Notification

• should be gbranham

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved