Solved

Purchase Order Description Field

• 19 October 2023
  • 3 replies

When creating a Purchase order the Description field in the header does not come over to the Receipt screen.  It does flow over to the AP Bill screen.  Logic should be the same as the Sales order where the header description flows from Sales Order to Shipment to Invoice.

icon

Best answer by hkabiri 19 October 2023, 19:38

View original

3 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

I noticed your idea has been entered to the Ideas section of this community, one year ago with very few votes. The Idea poster noted that the absence of PO Receipt Description field in the header of PO Receipts causes subsequent IN batches and GL Transactions to have blank Description also.

Please vote:

Laura

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@pfield2021 From our of the box Purchase Receipt (ScreenId=PO302000) does not have Description field. As on this type of document the Vendor Ref. Nbr is important.

You can customize and add the field to the POReceipt Table and copy the value from PO when being created.

However, it is a good candidate for future considerations and you can add it to product Ideas: https://community.acumatica.com/ideas

I tested on a 2023r1 and the field does go to the AP bill, did not look at batches and that info.  I voted it up.  Might have to wait for the next versions where we can add fields with the UI easily?

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved