Solved

Non-stock kits don't allocate components until the shipped qty is manually updated on shipment?

• 16 September 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

I’ve found that the non-stock kits default in a qty 0 shipped qty on the shipment. The allocation of the kit items do not occur until the shipped qty is manually updated. At that point, the items display on the pick list. Does anyone know why normal items bring over the shipped qty from the order while non-stock kits require inputting in a qty before the kit components allocate and show on the pick list? In order for the components to display, this flow is requiring users to manually updated the shipped qty on the non-stock kit item to get the components to allocate and display on the pick list.

icon

Best answer by hayleehicks 3 November 2022, 13:21

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi ​​​​​​@hayleehicks18 ! Maybe it matters which build you are using because I am running 22.109 sales demo and when I add a non-stock kit to the sales order and specify a quantity it automatically comes into the shipment:

It appears on the Pick List but there was no adjustment on the shipment needed, it came in with a shipped qty of 2, but yours are coming in as 0?

Might want to share the item or kit specs so see if I can replicate it

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @BenjaminCrisman! I’ve replicated this on two different sites that are using 21 R2 so far. I didn’t see this issue in the 21 R2 known issues. The non-stock kit item contains both stock and non-stock components. The non-stock kit shows qty 0 when shipment is created and allocation of stock components does not occur until I manually update the shipped qty to something greater than 0.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@hayleehicks18 I’m guessing it has to do with some configuration because in sales demo 21.212 I created a non-stock kit and a stock kit using non-stock components.

From there I created a Sales Order and specified Qty of each > Create shipment

The shipment came in with both shipped qty filled in already:

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @BenjaminCrisman! Do you know if the kit item needs to be in the same UOM as the components? I just compared the kit I’m working with to the FoodCater1 kit in the demo system, and that is the only difference I am seeing. In ours, the main kit item has UOM set to KIT while the components are set to EA.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@hayleehicks18 For me the non-stock kit is set to EA but the components have different UoM even between each other:

But it could be that the UoM of KIT doesn’t have conversions? Not sure it matters but it may be worth testing

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@hayleehicks18 

regarding your question to the UOM - you will find your answer in the help of Acumatica

https://help-2022r1.acumatica.com/(W(149))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=1ab694a7-e078-4a3c-9a35-18cd3ac26b2a

question: do you have a special order type in use? Maybe there is a wrong shipment plan type in use in the Template Operations?

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @hayleehicks18 - were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 4
Badge

@Chris Hackett - Hi Chris! This was most likely customization related. We ended up modifying the pick list to show a component subreport instead since the items didn’t allocate initially for the couple clients that experienced this.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved