Solved

Needed to restrict the sales order creation process when quotation expired

• 9 July 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi, 

(01). After expired the sales quotation we need to restrict sales order creation using expired sales 

quotation? Further understanding, I have attached a document with screens. 

(02). Also need to know how we can build the link sales quotation number and sales order number?

Regards

Nethupul

icon

Best answer by Naveen Boga 11 July 2021, 16:14

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @NAthukorala47  You will find the Quotation number under the financial settings tab. See the below screenshot.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Screenshsot:

Userlevel 3
Badge

Dear ChandrasekharM

Thank you very much for point out the QT number in Sales Order form. 

Appreciate if Could you address the Quotation end date question?

Regards

Nethupul

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi Nethupul, Please find the details below, and hoping that helps you.

Q: User requirement is needed to restrict the sales order creation process if the quotation expired?

Ans: I don’ think we can restrict the Sales Order creation from Sales Quote screen if Cancelled By Date is already crossed, but we can Cancel these kind of documents by scheduling standard Acumatica “Process Orders” processing screen by selecting the below options. Please find the screenshots for reference.

• Action - Cancel Order
  • Select By - Cancel By
  •  

Q: Where we can see the Quotation number after creating the sales order?

Ans: As Chandra mentioned above, we can see the Sales Quote details in Sales Orders | Financial Settings | Financial Information → Orig. Order Type and Orig. OrderNbr

Hope this helps!!

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi Naveen, 

Thank you very much for your fullest support. 

I have done a test case and attached it.  The system is allowing the creation of the SO regardless of sales QT end dates. Has there any workaround?

I have attached the Test Screens.

Regards

Nethupul

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @NAthukorala47  Thanks a lot for providing the details.

I don’t think we have an option to restrict the Sales Order screen creation, but we can achieve this by introducing a piece of customization code.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved